Pavilion Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Catalina Island Inn(Avalon)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,175 results
All reviewsfire pitwine and cheesecatalina islandwine hourlounge chairsevery afternoonvoss waterturn down servicezip linecontinental breakfastperfect locationcatalina expressoutdoor seatingbagelsgarden areastarbucks coffeepeople watching
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Having never been to Catalina, we feel we stumbled upon the PERFECT hotel experience. We stayed one night and wish our stay was longer. This hotel was fabulous. The room was OK, (nice, clean, but we had a room in the back so not that great) but the best feature was the service! There was a complimentary happy hour with wine and cheese. The staff were fantastic and the atmosphere in the common areas was beautiful. Plenty of places to sit. This hotel is right on the main walkway overlooking the waterfront so sitting out and people-watching was fun. Free breakfast in the morning complete with an espresso bar. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. We cannot wait to come back and stay again. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the island.

Room Tip: Rooms are a little expensive so unless you plan to spend a lot of time in the room, you may want not need an upgraded room. There is so much to do in town and out in the common areas of the hotel which are very close and comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Julie B
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pavilion Hotel on your recent visit to Catalina Island. My team and I express our sincerest appreciation for taking the time to share your hotel experience with others on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your rave review and recognizing our front desk’s exemplary service. I know they will be very happy to read your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel is excellent. I'm picky, and I like only 4 and 5 star hotels - very clean, very upscale, very nice. This place fits the bill. I booked the Pavilion Hotel over the web for a special weekend with my girlfriend. When we got here, we were both very pleased. She loved the place and the room! It's a perfect location close to everything. Other reviewers said the place is too close to Luau Larry's (a noisy bar), but we didn't hear any noise at all - it is quiet and beautiful, with a really lovely garden courtyard with chairs and recliners.

It's a remodeled hotel, and they did an EXCELLENT job. It was done really really well.

Hats off to Roberto, the concierge - the service here is excellent. He took care of details for us!!! We'll be back and we'll stay at the Pavilion.

1  Thank traveler_aaaa
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Pavilion Hotel on your recent visit to Catalina Island. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

I am pleased to share your rave review to my entire team. I am proud that they went out their way to make you feel welcomed and showed genuine care to ensure your stay was memorable.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and recommending our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel on your next visit to Catalina Island.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Great location, very friendly staff. Enjoyed their afternoon wine and cheese. Great espresso's in the morning prepared by happy friendly staff. Would definitely choose this location again for lodging.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this wonderful hotel for two nights (I wish it could have been more). When we arrived on the island we easily found the hotel employee who would take our bags to the hotel for us and gave us easy directions. Once we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by a very welcoming staff. We went to our room (very nice) and our luggage arrived quickly brought by a very helpful young man. Later that day to our surprise one of the hotel maids arrived at our room with bottled water and chocolates. Every afternoon for an hour their is a wine and cheese hour that was delightful and tasty. The grounds around the hotel were very clean and there was always someone nearby cleaning up the area and making pleasant conversation. The included breakfast had a nice variety of items and was well presented. There was always salt water taffy available for sampling. Our departure was just as pleasant and easy as our arrival. The hotel stored our luggage until we were ready to leave and even took our luggage to the boat for us. Top rate hotel and superior service from all employees!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the bottom floor if you want an outside sitting area. A room overlooking the courtyard is nice.
1  Thank GailK360
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Pavilion Hotel and for taking the time to share your memorable experience of your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

It is my pleasure to share your feedback with my team. We recognize our staff when they go out of their way to create exceptional experiences for our guests.

Thank you once again for recommending our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is an old hotel like most places in Catalina, it may be one of the best there but don't be expecting the service level of similarly rated hotels on the mainland. Location is the best, right on the main walkway for beach and shops. I don't think any rooms have an ocean view but its perfect for those that want to get out and do activities!
Cleanliness.. the bathroom floor looked like it hadn't been mopped, maybe just cleaned occasionally.

• Stayed: June 2013