Pavilion Hotel
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Great location, center of everything. Lovely patio area for both breakfast with the beach view or sitting around a fire pit. Clean rooms, free wifi, comfortable bed, and very accommodating staff. And free breakfast! Highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Brynnalia
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Pavilion Hotel and for taking the time to share your memorable experience of your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

It is my pleasure to share your feedback with my team. We recognize our staff when they go out of their way to create exceptional experiences for our guests.

Thank you once again for recommending our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Roberto Perico

Write a ReviewReviews (1,144)

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel was amazing. The entire staff goes the extra mile to make sure your stay is perfect! It's always the little things that excite me. Like, the different flavor coffee creamers that they give you OR the surprise of Voss H2O on our night stands after an eventful night out. Oh, the wine and cheese hour that we were so excited for....FAR exceeded our expectations. First of all, they don't just give you a little taste...they FILL YOUR GLASS and you can go back for as many refills as you want during that hour. Plus, the cheese was delicious. What an incredible perk! The breakfast was delicious too. The fresh fruit was my favorite:Mango, Pineapple, Oranges, Blueberries-Yum!

I literally felt like a celebrity...haha. My husband and I usually go for a cheap hotel when traveling but we felt since it was our Anniversary, we could splurge a little. My goodness. We are Sooooo glad that we did!! I don't think we will ever stay anywhere else when visiting Catalina. It was THE BEST hotel experience for us.

1  Thank sarah d
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Pavilion Hotel. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular, you were delighted with the service provided by my team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Catalina Island.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Pavilion Hotel was a great choice !
Location.... almost on the sand and middle of town :)))
Nice Room, quiet @ night, beautiful gardens, extras like Breakfast & Afternoon Wine & Cheese Bar, Safe in room and walking distance from everything !
Staff.... Excellent and eager to assist :) Thank You !!!
"Happy Tourist :))"

1  Thank 3HappyTourist

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pavilion Hotel on your recent visit to Catalina Island. My team and I express our sincerest appreciation for taking the time to share your hotel experience with others on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your rave review and recognizing our exemplary service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I ordered the unlimited vacation package on April 1st with a combination of Zip-Lining, Dolphin sightseeing, Lover's cove undersea expedition, Catalina Island sightseeing in a 4WD truck, Bus tours, and much more. Total I spent was $440 for 4 people. The room we booked was a 2 queen bed shared among 4 people, which was not bad. Pavilion hotel was close to a lot of restaraunts, shops, and the dock with all Catalina Island activities (snorkeling, fishing, dolphin quest, etc). It was so convenient. Hotel room was on the far end corner, and was a 8 on a scale of 10 in terms of cleanliness. The unlimited package was the highlight of my life. I never knew doing so many activities would cost so little. I will definitely recommend friends and family to come here to experience what I experienced. Good, fun Catalina Island experience!

Room Tip: Rooms at the far end are better, quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jeff H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Pavilion Hotel on your recent visit to Catalina Island. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

I am pleased to share your rave review to my entire team. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and all that Catalina has to offer.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and recommending our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel on your next visit to Catalina Island.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Catalina Island is all about just "being there," and the Pavilion Hotel is a great place to be when you're hanging out. The courtyard is lovely, with its view of the ocean. Comfortable lounge chairs, sun umbrellas, tables. As others have mentioned, the wine and cheese event is high class. Each day they offered four different California wines and a selection of interesting cheeses with a variety of breads and crackers. This event was more upscale that I was expecting. It was also very pleasant to eat breakfast out in the courtyard. The rooms and bath were not large, but were quite lovely and tastefully decorated--a pleasant change from "hotel beige." My husband and I went to Catalina with our son and his girlfriend, who is about to become his fiancee, so we just wanted to have some relaxed time together. This place was perfect. Highly recommend. Ideal location. If you're not into snorkeling or scuba diving or boating, there's not that much to do on Catalina. You won't have a long list of must-see sights. It's quaint and charming. Fantastic place to unwind. If you want excitement, I don't think this is the place.

Room Tip: We could sometimes hear the live music from a nearby restaurant late at night. It wasn't like th...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Pavilion Hotel during your visit to Catalina Island. We appreciate your time to share with us your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to share your feedback with my entire team and will recognize them for a job well done. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The day manager handled all our needs very well. The room was beautiful and spacious , beds were neat and clean. All the staff were friendly and also were helpful. They had wonderful
Amenities like scented bath salts and a walk in large vanity and sink private large bath and toilet
Fully loaded with safe, fridge, wifi, cable TV, iPhone clock radio, fridge. It was definitely worth the money and the experience was great!

Dear Guest,

It is my pleasure to share your feedback with my team. Thank you for recognizing our exemplary service. We recognize our staff when they go out of their way to create exceptional experiences for our guests.

welcome your return.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel was super cute. Very comfortable accommodations, reasonable price, and awesome location. The wine hour was awesome---the wines were actually good (shocker) and the cheeses were delish. It was wonderful sitting outside during the wine hour and watching the beautiful ocean. Quick walk from where the ferry drops you off. We loved our mini vacay on Catalina.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bikediva77
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013