“Best place to stay in Sta Catalina”
Review of Pavilion Hotel

Pavilion Hotel
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
“Best place to stay in Sta Catalina”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Had a great time at the Pavilion! Centrally located in Avalon city of Sta. Catalina island, walking distance from ferry and pretty much everywhere in town! Beautiful rustic hotel, very charming with complimentary wine tasting and breakfast! Hotel gardens are relaxing and beautiful too! Rooms are comfortable, bed and pillows perfect for a good night's sleep, bathroom is nice and clean. there is also a safe inside guest room. Excellent and friendly staff as well! I will definitely come back here next time I'm visiting Sta Catalina. Will definitely recommend to friends!

• Stayed December 2012
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Pavilion Hotel and for taking the time to share your memorable experience of your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

It is my pleasure to share your feedback with my team. We recognize our staff when they go out of their way to create exceptional experiences for our guests.

Thank you once again for recommending our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Roberto Perico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Crossfield, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I are frequent visitors to Southern California from Alberta, and I have to say our early December trip to Catalina Island was by far the best experience we have had. It all starts with the accomadations at the Pavilion Hotel, the extras here are tremendous, the staff is friendly and helpful, the maid service top notch, beds are very comfortable, the free wine and cheese each day is a high class touch and the location is very convienient.

We travel alot in the off season and many times we are dissapointed with venues being closed and "B" level staff, this could not be farther from the truth when it comes to Catalina Island. I encourage all to try an offseason trip to the island, make the Pavilion your choice of stay you will not be dissapointed, and ask for the unlimited packaged they offer, you can golf, zip line, and enjoy all the island tours, it is by far the best deal going.

Just a quick note, I travel alot and this is the first time I have ever offered a review, I was compelled to write one because the experience was near perfect.

Here was the details.

Pavilion Hotel 4 nights - Unlimited Package - from this we got to Golf, Mini Golf, Zip Line, Glass Boat, underwater tour, Casino tour, theater tickets, adventure tour, and rock climb. There is other activities as well, these are the ones we participated in and loved them all. And because of the location of the Pavilion hotel, it was all so simple and relaxing.

Room Tip: We had a basic king size room on the second level, the first floor is a little more convienient. But...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shera S
Dear Guest,

It is my pleasure to share your feedback with my team. Thank you for recognizing our exemplary service. We recognize our staff when they go out of their way to create exceptional experiences for our guests.

San Diego, California
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We recently stayed at the Pavilion Hotel and really enjoyed our stay. We arrived on the island a little early and were allowed to check-in early. The hotel is just a few minutes walk from the boat dock. We just rolled our luggage and arrived at the hotel easily.

Our room was very nice - very roomy and decorated nicely. The beds (doubles) were comfortable and the pillows were soft. There was a refrigerator, iron, safe, blow dryer, coffee machine. The bathroom was clean and the shower head was perfect. The towels and linens were all very clean. Great TV and Wi-Fi was perfect.

The staff was exceptional! On our check out day, we checked out early and the hotel stored our luggage for free so we could go catch one final tour before our boat left at 4:30pm.

The free continental breakfast was great - very convenient - bagels, bread, muffins, fresh fruits, hard-boiled eggs, ham slices, yogurts, cereals, juices, coffee, etc.

We didn't partake of the free wine and cheese offerings in the evenings, but it looked nice.

The grounds and outdoor seating areas are beautiful and well-manicured. There is a nice fire-pit with lots of seats around it.

The hotel is right on the main drag and central to everything!

My favorite part of our hotel experience was the staff!

Price-wise, I used my AAA discount and overall, it was money well-spent! We were very happy with our stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It is my pleasure to share your feedback with my team. Thank you for recognizing their service. We recognize our staff when they go out of their way to create exceptional experiences for our guests.

San Diego, California
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Perfect location, steps from the docks. Rooms were fresh and new with comfortable stylish bedding. Rooms surrounded a court yard with lounge chairs perfect for taking an afternoon nap, and a fire pit to enjoy the generous wine and cheese hour. Staff (especially Salvador) was friendly and knowledgeable about the island, hotel, restaurants, and things to do. After walking by other hotels on the island I would not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for room on first floor. They have chairs that look out to the court yard.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CatalinaSCICo, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pavilion Hotel on your recent visit to Catalina Island. My team and I express our sincerest appreciation for taking the time to share your hotel experience with others on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your rave review and recognizing Salvador’s exemplary service. I know he will be very happy to read your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Pavilion Hotel.

Mission Viejo
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We love this hotel. The staff is very friendly. The property is beautiful. The location is on the Main Street with an ocean view. The rooms are newly updated and the beds are really comfortable. My favorite thing is their happy hour every day with really nice wine and a assortment of fine cheeses. We stay here every time we visit Catalina.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank caltex010
CatalinaSCICo, Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for my birthday and took advantage of the unlimited package. Well worth every penny. We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning and the wine in the evening before we picked a restaurant for dinner. The entire island was amazing. We went on the zip line eco tour and it was an amazing experience. Due to weather we couldn't leave as planned the hotel kept our room for us and gave us a stranded rate for the night. When we come back we will def be staying here again and taking advantage of the unlimited package :)

• Stayed April 2012
CatalinaSCICo, Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2012

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Really lovely hotel with spacious, light rooms, comfortable beds and large dressing rooms. There's a free wine and cheese hour every day at 4.30 which is a nice touch, and the hotel is in the ideal location right on the waterfront in the middle of Avalon. It is well worth the price.

Room Tip: there are rooms with private patios, but the shared outdoor area is nice and quiet anyway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CatalinaSCICo, Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012