Amazing time on Catalina Island! We stayed at the Pavilion Hotel and we booked their ultimate package which included round-trip ferry to the island, unlimited activities, and standard double room.
Booking and initial disappointment - I booked the stay through their reservation line and was initially told that all activities and tours were included. However, when I called back the next day to book the zip line tour, I was told that the zip line tour was not included but 50% off. While I was disappointed by this, I went ahead and booked the zip line tour (which was amazing and would highly recommend to anyone going to Catalina). The morning of the day of arrival, I called the hotel to book the East End tour and this time I was told that this tour was not part of the package and that there would be a separate charge. I expressed my displeasure regarding this matter because this was not what was communicated to me at the time of reservation....
Great customer service & staff - The gentlemen at the front desk called me back within few minutes to apologize for the inconvenience and that he had spoken to the manager regarding the miscommunication between the hotel and the reservation line. They ended up including the East End tour as part of the package at no cost!!!! Talk about stepping up!!! Further, when we checked in, they were extremely helpful regarding the hotel and the activities around the island. The stay also included a continental breakfast and a complimentary wine & cheese happy hour, which were both fantastic.
Location & Room: The location is right in the middle of Avalon, right at the harbor. Great location, close to all of the restaurants and bars. The open courtyard is fantastic and a great place to sit out and relax. Our room was clean and very well maintained!
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Catalina!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Complimentary room amenities include: Complimentary baggage service from the ferry, concierge service, continental breakfast, afternoon wine and cheese social, outdoor lounge with fire ring, movies, Blue Ray players & iPads for checkout, 37" flat screen TVs, HBO & Showtime movie channels, wireless Internet, iHome music centers, priority cabana/chaise reservations at Descanso Beach Club, priority table reservations at Avalon Grille, priority reservations at Island Spa Catalina, Starbucks coffee and tea, and in-room safes, refrigerators, irons, ironing boards & hair dryers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Pavilion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavilion Lodge Catalina
- Pavilion Lodge Avalon
- Pavilion Hotel Avalon
- Catalina Island Lodge Pavilion
- Pavilion Hotel Catalina Island/Avalon, CA