“Long wait, but great breakfast”

The Cottage Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 50 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Palm Coast, Florida
“Long wait, but great breakfast”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We were here on the 4th of July, so the wait was expected. Even after sitting, we probably went another 40 minutes before food was served. I had pancakes, which were delicious! They leave a carafe of coffee on the table, which suited me just fine... I could top myself off whenever I wanted! Hubby got the pigs in a blanket... basically a hot dog/sausage wrapped in a pancake. He said it wss very good.

• Visited July 2014

Phoenix, Arizona
“Cold potatoes and biscuits, undercooked eggs and under-ripe fruit”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I had such high hopes for this "breakfast all day" restaurant based on the crowd out front. After waiting about 15 minutes for a table, the service was relatively prompt. However, the food was really disappointing: my over-medium eggs were very runny, the "famous potatoes" (diced hash browns with a few miniscule specks of green pepper) were cold, and the fresh cut pineapple (a side order) was far from ripe. A biscuit with gravy side dish also was cold.

The waitress was pleasant enough and removed the fruit from the bill. Don't know if we appeared at an off-time, but certainly based on our experience this restaurant did not remotely live up to the rave reviews from others on Trip Advisor.

• Visited July 2014
San Diego
“Best Pancakes I have ever had!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

If you plan on visiting Catalina and are looking for a great breakfast, check out The Cottage Restaurant. They have some of the best pancakes I have ever had. The restaurant was super busy, but we only had to wait about 10 minutes to get a table. It took a while before our server actually came over to our table, but it was so busy, we could understand. The pancakes were super awesome, and the rest of the food was just ok. There was an extremely rude customer sitting next to us who complained about EVERYTHING! I was impressed on how well the server handled the situation and was able to keep herself calm and professional. It was affordable and well worth it.

• Visited June 2014
San Diego, California
“Keep Going Back for Breakfast and to see Murial”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

If you like home-style food, this is the breakfast place. Portions are large, full bar, and friendly service.

The Pancake Cottage is family owned, Murial, the owner, still works. She always has a happy face, and keeps an eye on the service. Today we were fortunate enough to be served by Murial.

They have excellent Mimosas' and Bloody Mary's!

NOTE: If you don't like onions and bell peppers, order something without the home-style potatoes, if you like them, definitely have potatoes with your breakfast!

TIP: The omelets are big enough to share if your not a big eater

This place is popular, so be prepared to wait in line, or arrive before 7am

If you need your coffee, no worries, a large carafe is given to each table. A few cups of coffee and Bloody Mary gets this girl primed for the day

• Visited June 2014
Cahersiveen, Ireland
“Was it cardboard?”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Great menu..really looking forward to it.
But........pecan pancake was pure stodge, could have been cardboard.My wife left nearly all of it, server said nothing.
As for my eggs Benedict ? Really revolting, looked and tasted like custard spread over the eggs.
Also expensive for what you get.
Never again. Caters obviously for the day trippers. Gallaghers much better quality and value.

Visited June 2014