“Great establishment”

Dining options: Breakfast
Torrance, California
“Great establishment”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Had the pleasure of having breakfast here with my friends. It was my first time to Avalon but definitely won't be my last. This is a great lil family restaurant. Terry, one of the restaurant workers, is theeeee best! She made our day. Great service, food and atmosphere!!!

• Visited June 2012

Phoenix, AZ
“Great”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Good Food, sat by the window with a view of the beach. Service was good too

Visited June 2012
Long Beach, CA
“Best breakfast around!”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

This place has the best pancakes in So. Cal. I only wish they were closer to my house!

Visited May 2012
Utah
“Our fav for a lunch and a breakfast in Avalon”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Like all food on Catalina it seemed a little expensive but we also got the best portions and best culinary tastes at The Cottage. Our tab for a breakfast for 2 was $29 after I added in a $5 tip. The price was slightly more than another restaurant we had 2 breakfasts that had good potions but the food was definitely tastier at The Cottage.The Cottage delivers 2 large pancakes with Boysenberry or Maple syrup, an extra strip of bacon (4 instead of 3), and a generous portion of eggs for $10.95 for their special. It made a big breakfast. For a similar price my wife ordered bacon, eggs, toast and hash browns. The hash browns had extra ingredients such as peppers that made it extra tasty and the wheat toast was perfectly browned and a favorite of our trip.

Our lunch, the first time we visited The Cottage, the chili on their menu caught my eye and taste buds and was only $7.95. My wife and I both ordered the chili and found it to be a very tasty recipe for chili in a large bowl that made a good lunch, except no crackers or bread with it - just the chili - they don't have crackers or bread with it which mt wife missed. The chili was one of our best values on Catalina - tasty, filling and at a good total price for lunch.

This restaurant deserves good ratings for tasty food and good portions and fine service, but like all of Catalina it is hard to find a good food value except on ice cream at several competing shops.

• Visited May 2012
San Bernardino
“Great food, great service, good portions, a bit pricy for what it is though.”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have eaten here every time I have come to Catalina Island in the past few years. It is one of the first restaurants you come to when you get off the ferry. The views from some tables are great, and during the week I have never waited long for a table or my food. I recently went on a Sat and it was packed! Service was understandably slower than previous visits, but our waitress (I've had the same one everytime, blond hair, very friendly) was attentive and as efficient as she could be.

The food is very consistent, nothing too unique except for a few breakfast items (I was shocked and happy to see cheese blintzes and "potato pancakes", I'm thinking I'm not the only Jew visiting the island). The portions are also generous. It's a bit pricy for the kind of food you are getting, but comparing it to other restaurants in Catalina it's about the same. Restaurants on the island seem to be a bit steaper in price in general.

I'll definitely be back.