“Lovely place in Auburn” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Monkey Cat

Monkey Cat
Reserve with OpenTable
Monkey Cat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 165 Restaurants in Auburn
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cherry
Description: We have a large indoor dinning area, complete with bar & lounge. When the weather is nice, enjoy our outdoor patio. For larger groups, parties, business meetings and such we have a banquet room for rental throughout the whole year!
Sacramento, California
“Lovely place in Auburn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Had an early dinner here and it was tasty. I love the ambiance - calm, quiet. You can hear your dinner partner! Great wait staff. I liked the wine selections. I ate here 3 years ago and it was just as good this time. You should enjoy.

Visited July 2014

Martin, SD
“Delicious food and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

On a road trip, we popped in here to get some lunch. The staff is above and beyond friendly. They made very yummy recommendations which we were pleased we listened to. (Regarding the tomato and blue cheese soup - YUM)
Affordable and great atmosphere. Highly recommend!

Danville, California
“GREAT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Wonderful crab sandwich..Nice patio dining. Friendly service. Will definitely return when I am in the area.

Visited June 2014
Auburn
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Love going to Monkey Cat. We have always gotten an excellent meal cooked to perfection, even the vegetables are yummy. Their fillet melts in your mouth, the pork tenderloins are the best I have eaten...all their food is exceptional. Wonderful desserts to end your perfect meal. The wine selection is very good. Each time we have been there we have not been disappointed...will definitely keep going back there.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Des Moines, Iowa
“Service is going down.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

If you scrowle there the previous reviews you can see high praises from me for Monkey Cat. But this is not one of them.
Me and my sons enjoy a goodbye dinner there every time I am in town this time was no different. We made a reservation got there a few min early to find the place almost empty.
The service was so choppy it was uncomfortable.
Bread came after the appetizers, Wine came periodically at best, and Filet mignon was a strip! Being a regular dinner this seemed obvious to me but the server looked at me like I was crazy. She took it back then promptly brought out another one just like it this time rair? My original order was medium. I asked if the cucumbers on my salad could be cut thin and she brought out cucumbers at least 1 inch thick.
The Monkey cat must have gotten a new chef and wait staff because this was a team FAIL.
Sorry to see this happen to a once great restaurant Auburn benefited from the previous service.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Relocations

Been to Monkey Cat? Share your experiences!