Review of Monkey Cat

Monkey Cat
Reserve with OpenTable
Monkey Cat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 172 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cherry
Description: We have a large indoor dinning area, complete with bar & lounge. When the weather is nice, enjoy our outdoor patio. For larger groups, parties, business meetings and such we have a banquet room for rental throughout the whole year!
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Wonderful crab sandwich..Nice patio dining. Friendly service. Will definitely return when I am in the area.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Love going to Monkey Cat. We have always gotten an excellent meal cooked to perfection, even the vegetables are yummy. Their fillet melts in your mouth, the pork tenderloins are the best I have eaten...all their food is exceptional. Wonderful desserts to end your perfect meal. The wine selection is very good. Each time we have been there we have not been disappointed...will definitely keep going back there.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

If you scrowle there the previous reviews you can see high praises from me for Monkey Cat. But this is not one of them.
Me and my sons enjoy a goodbye dinner there every time I am in town this time was no different. We made a reservation got there a few min early to find the place almost empty.
The service was so choppy it was uncomfortable.
Bread came after the appetizers, Wine came periodically at best, and Filet mignon was a strip! Being a regular dinner this seemed obvious to me but the server looked at me like I was crazy. She took it back then promptly brought out another one just like it this time rair? My original order was medium. I asked if the cucumbers on my salad could be cut thin and she brought out cucumbers at least 1 inch thick.
The Monkey cat must have gotten a new chef and wait staff because this was a team FAIL.
Sorry to see this happen to a once great restaurant Auburn benefited from the previous service.

1  Thank Relocations
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We love to eat at The Monkey Cat for any occasion and haven't been disappointed. They always have great nightly specials, one for pasta and one for fish, and very yummy. We love their appetizer, especially the wontons, and always good wines. You won't find a better restaurant in Auburn for a romantic evening.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This past weekend my wife and I tried Monkey Cat for the first time. The Atmosphere was nice, the staff polite but not the quickest crew around. It was Saturday of Valentine's weekend, we had reservations and had no trouble getting our table. We were surprised at how many people were turned away for not having reservations. I thought they would have staffed up for such a weekend??
As for the food... We each had a glass of wine, I was impressed to see that they offered a good selection of local wines. Both glasses of wine were warm and tasted as if the bottles had been open for awhile. Bread was served prior to the meal which was warm and tasty. There was oil and balsamic vinegar on the table for dipping. My wife had the Monkey Cat burger with fries. She enjoyed it and found it to be well cooked. I had wanted the Chicken Cordon bleu but was told they were out. Out of Chicken? Or ham and Swiss cheese that can be bought at the local grocer? I found it odd but ok, they have many other items that sounded great. I choose the Duck Breast. It is cooked Med Rare although I found it to be more on the rare side. The edges were tasty but the center pieces were too rare for me. The seasonal veggies it came with consisted of tomato, onion and carrots. The mashed potato was great. The highlight of the night was the flour less chocolate cake!! Very good, wish we had not shared but each had our own. Monkey Cat will likely get another try by us, but not right away.

Been to Monkey Cat? Share your experiences!