“Not impressed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Monkey Cat

Monkey Cat
Reserve with OpenTable
Monkey Cat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 165 Restaurants in Auburn
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cherry
Description: We have a large indoor dinning area, complete with bar & lounge. When the weather is nice, enjoy our outdoor patio. For larger groups, parties, business meetings and such we have a banquet room for rental throughout the whole year!
Saint John, Canada
“Not impressed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Went here on a trip to Auburn and was not impressed. The food was expensive and mediocre at best. The service was good but we were greeted rather rudely upon entering. The atmosphere was somehow awkward and I felt very uncomfortable throughout most of my meal.

• Visited June 2013
Hi -
I firstly want to apologize for your visit, it sounds like you caught us on a bad day. However it is never good that you were greeted rudely when entering our restaurant. We strive to have amazing customer service, and starting off your night with a rude greeting is not okay. I am very sorry for that, and promise you that doesn't happen often, and shouldn't happen at all. As far as the mediocre food goes, that bums me out to hear. We only use high quality meats, and local produce and although we have had some chef changes recently, that shouldn't have affected our food as much as it did. If you are ever back in the area, and would be willing to give us another chance, I would love to give you a $25 gift card for our restaurant. If that interests you please email me at monkeycatauburn@yahoo.com

Again I am very sorry your visit to our restaurant wasn't up to our standards or yours.
Ashley

Cool, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“favorite date night place in Auburn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

My hubby and I live close by and we eat here whenever we decide to splurge on a nice "date night". Everything is always delicious, but I can't help but order the salmon every time. We've never had an issue with service, our servers have always been very friendly and attentive. The complimentary bread and olive oil is also soo tasty. A little salty, but we like that about it. We always leave full and happy.

• Visited May 2013
Ashley95603, Manager at Monkey Cat, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your date night with us!
Auburn,CA USA
“Choices were great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Went to Art Walk and we were not very hungry. So had Crab cakes and a salad and it was just perfect. There were 4 of us and the service was great choice and not overstuffed. Have had their meals and they are great too. Will go there again for the next Art Walk.

• Visited August 2013
Ashley95603, Manager at Monkey Cat, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your visit! Art walk starts again next summer, we hope to see you back before then!
Sacramento, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUMMY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had heard about this place by so many all saying how nice it is. I called ahead for take out and it was ready when I got there. Found the restaurant to be charming and the staff to be quite friendly. The food was very good and yummy and I will be going back.

• Visited July 2013
Ashley95603, Public Relations Manager at Monkey Cat, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you for trying Monkey Cat! we are happy that you enjoyed your experience!
Sacramento
“Kudos to An Attentive Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stopped for lunch, while traveling to Lake Tahoe. The ambiance is nice, the restaurant is decorated in interesting colors and creative creatures . I was impressed with the staff, they were very attentive, and the food was delicious, I had the Pastrami sandwich on my visit. Plan to visit again soon !

• Visited June 2013
Thank you for visiting us at Monkey Cat! We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience!