“A Clean Place to Sleep.”
Review of Holiday Inn Auburn

Holiday Inn Auburn
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 27, 2009

The Desk Hotel staff was low key. A bit unprofessional. Didn't get that "Glad your here feeling" The rooms were clean and the housekeeping staff really had a lot on their plate. The rooms were clean and the bed wasn't bad.The Bar staff was excellent and friendly. I was happy we stopped in for a glass of wine. The Bar staff makes this Hotel worth adding to the " stop here" list! Breakfast was normal fare... Too many wonderful places to try for lunch and dinner. The wait staff was sweet and always there for the coffee refill.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed March 24, 2009

If it wasn't for my GPS I would still be looking for this place. Even with GPS it was not easy. It said we were at our destination, and when I looked around I could not find the hotel, then my son spotted a little sign. (It was night time) When we found the parking lot we noticed there was an "In and Out Burger" across the parking lot, which was great with teens. A Marie Calander's restaurant is also at the Hotel. You can access it off the second floor of the hotel. The lounge is also separated from the main restaurant.

After check in it was like walking through a maze to try to find where the vending machines were, the fitness room, and our room itself. Once we roamed around a few times we finally got familiar with how the maze was laid out. The "business center" room was very nice with two computers, a copier, and I think a printer, and lots of pens, pencils and paper all for guest use. We had a room with two double beds. The room was very clean, and had a 37" or so flat screen TV with choices of games, movies, free exercise programs, and regular TV. The beds were confortable. At first I thought they were a bit firm, but in the morning I was very comfortable, and did not have any aches at all. Slept very well on the top floor (3-story), which was nice and quiet. Only complaint was no laundry bags for dirty clothes, and no table in the room for playing a game. It had a corner desk, but two cannot sit across from each other at a corner desk.

Even though the weather outside was about 40 degrees with a 15 mph wind, the pool and hot tub were in operation, and were very nice. The pool was heated enough so there was no shock getting in. The jet switch to the hot tub was 60 feet away however and it was freezing walking back after turning it on. All in all the place was very nice and I would definitely stay here again next time we visit Auburn.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2008

This is by far one of the best Holiday Inn's I have ever stayed at. The staff is great, the room is newly renovated, with great decor, it was clean, extremely comofrtable, and the restaurant had great food.

The only problem I had was with the wireless internet, but machines will be machines.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2008

After camping in the Sierra foothills for a couple of days this Holiday Inn in Auburn was paradise. I wouldn't normally pick a Holiday Inn as my first choice, but this is among the best accommodations I could find in this adorable little town. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and surprisingly more attractive than expected. But don't bother with the in-room coffee maker--it makes the worst coffee ever! We had free WiFi so we could check e-mail after being out of touch for a few days. And the pool practically saved our lives! My kids spent over 2 hours cooling off after we checked in. The pool deck was nicely furnished. We didn't love the hotel restaurant, but it wasn't the worst food I've had either.
Overall, we were very pleased with our stay, and if we were in Auburn overnight again, we would stay there.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2007

This hotel is close to the freeway and about a ten minutes drive to the old and new parts of Auburn. There’s a restaurant and bar right in the hotel. Had a good breakfast there. The room rates could be more economical, but all in all a good stay.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lj-OnTheGo
Reviewed March 1, 2007

My law firm in Los Angeles was set to go to trial in the local Superior Court. I was the lucky tech who went ahead to set up a satellite office using one of their king rooms. The challenge was creating a shared internet connection without a modem or port in the room. The setup is entirely wireless.

Usually, this type of setup works great. When you have to build a network with it, not so easy. We got the job done but when we started to have glitches, their central IT people went out of their way to help, even adding our workstations to their server and monitoring bandwidth. The casual traveller may not appreciate this, but the business and tech traveler will.

The hotel staff were out of this world. From one very cool dude, Scott, who helped haul all the computers and printers in to Barbara, who was on her game when it came to receiving locally rented equipment.

The trial was postponed and I was booked into the hotel to come in a pack it all up. Barbara remembered me, and booked the same room I had before. I liked the room because it had an internally shared door to the room with the network.

PLUS Barbara and Scott's attitudes were always SO upbeat, it's all about helping you and making your stay ROCK. Everyone is so great, I wish I could remember all their names. Having Marie Callendars do room service is great, plus there's an In n' Out next store. Less than a block away is a Staples, RiteAid, Wells Fargo, Frostee Freeze, Albertsons... Perfect location, amazing staff, nice rooms and ambience.

Christina Garcia

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank LawFirmTechie
Reviewed June 26, 2006

I stayed one night during the Western States 100 race and was delighted that it was such a great hotel. The rate was $99/nt through the race committee's contract with the hotel. It would have been a good deal at twice the cost.

The tone was set by Vito at the front desk when I checked in. He was friendly and welcoming and helpful in getting me into my room earlier than the advertised check-in time.

The maids, Christine et al., were especially attentive and showed unusual initiative in making sure my room was pleasant as well as clean. They noticed that the prior tenant had left the room smelling like a locker room, so they set up a deodorizing machine in my room and then came by to make sure that I was okay with having it running there. The small amount of noise was much preferred to the lingering odor which I could smell when I turned the machine off for a while.

The hotel has free highspeed wireless internet access in the guest rooms and a free computer for guests to use in the business center. That made staying at the hotel very convenient as I needed to be able to check on the status of my nephew who was running in the WS100 throughout the night of June 24-25. That way I could sleep in as long as possible and still make it in time to see him cross the finish line.

Other nice features:

1. A pool which was clean, cool, and inviting (could have used some more shade around it, though).
2. A Marie Callendar Restaurant on the premises which made it unnecessary to venture out into the 100+ heat in order to get lunch. Also, hotel guests received a coupon for $5 off with a $20 purchase which made for a good discount on the meal.

• Stayed: June 2006
6  Thank I-love-to-travel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Best Western Golden Key
#1 of 10 in Grass Valley
Super 8 Auburn
Super 8 Auburn
#5 of 7 in Auburn

Been to Holiday Inn Auburn? Share your experiences!