“Good value, nice quality”

Rodeway Inn Auburn-Foresthill
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Many hotels look good on the outside but disappoint once inside. The Auburn Quality Inn is the reverse. Don't be put off by the aging exterior, inside my room had clearly been renovated, was spotlessly clean and well appointed with a comfortable bed and nice bathroom. Very solid value.

There are several decent restaurants close by including the wonderful Black Bear Diner. Also a good Raley's supermarket with coffee & sandwich bar, and several gas stations.

Good place to make a stop on I80 to or from the coast and a little away from the Auburn town center which can get very crowded, especially in summer.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms at the back - other side from the I80 freeway - are very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ANDREW C

Reviewed January 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a last minute hiking getaway. The customer service was excellent, but the room itself was what I expected for the price: average. The bed was a bit stiff, but I slept comfortably enough (after a few drinks). It was relatively clean, except the shower curtain had a few brown stains, and one of the bath towels had brown spots (maybe dryer burns)?

I don't really have any wonderful or terrible things to say about the place. It served its purpose. I did ask for a room away from the freeway because I read some of the past reviews, and it was a good call.

Oooo, a nice thing about it is that there was a good restaurant within walking distance: Lou La Bonte's

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dianah R
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Had two weeks in California, 8 different hotels and this one was the rock bottom.
Staff was friendly and room was spacy, but unfortunately we got for Thanksgiving the room from freeway side and tehre was no sound isolation. So You need ear plugs here.

Iwas shocked at breakfast: all plates cups and cutlery was disposable. There were two people just sitting and watchin us to create loads of waste. They could have as well been doing the dished instead. The breakfast was a very basic and made of the low price stuff.
Also the electronic lock of our room was sometimes not opening.
I have no reason to come back and please inform on the web page about disposable cutlery!

Room Tip: Only inside yard side or with earplugs.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Teija K
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Quality Inn for 4 nights while we visited a 3-day festival in the Sierra Nevada, and we pretty much got what we paid for.

As mentioned in the previous review by Cleo, we also had to deal with the car alarm going off all the time, but earplugs really helped with that problem. The mattress was very bouncy and saggy, so the sleep comfort wasn't the best, but you can't really expect the quality of memory foam mattresses for the low price per night you will pay when staying here.

Being on the second floor, the wireless internet was very spotty to say the least, so that I ended up being more on my 3G connection than on the WiFi.

We only managed to have breakfast once during our stay, but it was very good and filling.

On the fourth and last day, I noticed a bug crawling up the door, but I can't really tell what sort it was because it was quickly squished by the heel of my shoe. :P

The reason I still give it 3/5 stars is mainly because of the front desk staff, which has always been very friendly and helpful, especially Hannah who always had a smile for you.

It is also very close to some good restaurants, like Lou La Bonte's, and the local Denny's and Original Pete's have very charming staffs which make them worth a visit.

Finally, the showers do indeed get very hot very fast, so better keep a hand on the cold water faucet until you found your temperature. ;)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Claude M
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We spent one night at this hotel to attend a meeting. A alarm in a parked car went off every 1/2 hour to an hour all night. Finally contacted the front desk. Was told they (staff) couldn't do anything about it. Suggested going to their door. Said they did and no one answered the door. NOTE: hotel doesn't take vehicle information so how did they know which customer was with the car? Suggested they tow the car, again, can't/won't do that.Said the police wouldn't/couldn't do anything either. Was the worse night ever spent at a Quality Inn (and I've stayed at a lot). Next morning learned from another customer that this was the 2nd night this alarm issue happened. Lots of customers upset. When I asked about compensation for our lost night, was given the manager's card.
TV Remote: Room didn't have a tv remote in it. Called front desk. Was told they would get back to me in about 15 minutes. Finally went to the front desk, waited and waited, finally was handed a remote.
Internet: Hotel advertises wireless internet, even has a card on top of the tv advertising wireless. Was not given any code when we checked in. Again called the front desk to get a code. Was told there was no wireless in the "back rooms" and would have to use the ethernet cable in the room. Ethernet cord was short and couldn't use on the bed.
Housekeeping: clearly housekeeping doesn't move furniture to clean. Lots of dirt and stuff behind the cabinets, chairs, table, etc.
This is one hotel to avoid until the management changes.

Room Tip: Would not stay at this hotel again.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cleo20132013
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed two nights at Quality Inn , Auburn CA. Really quite and clean, and such a friendly staff, and a great location. Really enjoyed the complimentery breakfast that is offered. Not just rolls and coffee, but eggs, beacon, one morning, next morning sausage cerals, fruit etc. also a waffle iron. Just one suggestion I feel there should be at least two of the waffle irons. Quite a back up. I will definitely stay at the this well run, pleasant, relaxing inn again next time I go to Auburn.

Room Tip: I always like to be on the tp floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carole N
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were in town visiting relatives and just needed a place to crash at night. This hotel fit the bill. It was very clean and the beds were comfortable. Hannah, the front desk agent, was very friendly and welcoming. My husband is a platinum Choice Hotel member and she did recognize his status which no one else has done. When we needed anything, she responded promptly. The only thing that needs attention at this hotel are the linens. They were very worn and really need to be replaced. The only other issue, and I am sure it was temporary, is that the computer in the lobby was not working and if we needed to print our boarding passes, this would have been an inconvenience. Other than that, we would stay here again next time we are in town.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ldean17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Best Western Golden Key
Surestay Plus Hotel By Best Western Rocklin
Motel 6 Auburn
Motel 6 Auburn
#3 of 7 in Auburn

Been to Rodeway Inn Auburn-Foresthill? Share your experiences!