“Clean, but some mildew in bath and around sink”
Review of Super 8 Auburn

Super 8 Auburn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Auburn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Petersburg, Alaska
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Seeing the 1-star reviews, I thought it was going to be a dump of a place. It is not, as far as I'm concerned. I had a ground floor room. Yes, the breakfast is unspectacular, the rooms are quite basic, the heat/AC does get loud. But the room was clean, the grounds were fine, street noise wasn't too noticeable. I feel like I received the value for what I paid.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark K
SF Bay Area
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked a one-night stay here to visit some family on last minute notice, so I was just looking for something cheap. "How bad could it be?" I thought.

When we arrived, I was surprised to find that the front desk clerk required us to present IDs of everyone staying in the room, not just the person who made the reservation. I figured that wasn't a good sign. As we approached our room, there was a group of shady-looking guys in the room next to ours, drinking a ton and it looked like they were giving one guy a tattoo. Neat. Not the hotel's fault, but that should give you a sense of the typical customer at this place.

When we got into our room, we found that many of the lights were not working, the telephone was not working, and there were cigarette burns in the comforter. The floor was a little damp. Neat. The room smelled of cigarette smoke, and I realized I hadn't requested a nonsmoking room.

I went to the front desk to request a change to nonsmoking, and to the staff's credit, they did it without much trouble.

Still, I would never stay here again. There are other hotels right nearby that are nothing fancy, but much cleaner and less frightening. Don't book here just to save a few bucks unless you are desperate and don't mind a damp, poorly-functioning room and questionable neighbors.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank foil_swan

Travelers are raving about these Auburn hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I have tried staying here 3 times because of its proximity to where a come to work at in Auburn and 3 times it has been unacceptable. The managers who live on site set a very unfriendly tone and the staff follows right along.

The rooms are marginal at best and the continental breakfast items are packaged baked goods from the grocery store.

I will find some where else in the area or stay closer to Sacramento and make the little bit of extra drive.

• Stayed February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Best Western Golden Key
Holiday Inn Auburn
Holiday Inn Auburn
#2 of 7 in Auburn
Red Lion Inn and Suites Auburn
Heritage Inn Express Rocklin
Days Inn Rocklin/Sacramento
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin

Been to Super 8 Auburn? Share your experiences!