“Thank !you”
Review of Mt. Vernon Winery

Mt. Vernon Winery
Ranked #8 of 31 things to do in Auburn
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I had the extreme pleasure of visiting this winery with my sister and brother-in-law this month. The grounds are a pleasant place to bring a picnic and purchase a bottle of wine. We did some tasting and I found several wines I really enjoyed. The one thing that made me very happy is they have a few wines that with purchase the Mt. Vernon Winery donates 12.5% of each bottle sold to Cure Breast Cancer Inc. As a Breast Cancer survivor of 1 year it warms my heart that there are people and businesses willing to help our fight against breast cancer. The tasting room was pleasant and enjoyable as was the person working there. Thank you for the experience and the support.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The winery is a lovely setting for relaxing and hanging out. Tastings are on going and vary around $5-6.00 for a flight of different wines. If you choose to purchase a bottle your tasting fee is applied. They have a beautiful bar built just for them! They have won several awards at the CA. State Fair. Do Ask your Host/Hostess! It is easy to get to off of Hwy. 80 or Hwy. 49. They offer seasonal small plates that are very good with the wine pairings. I hope you visit this winery and travel on The Placer County Wine Trail... Salute'

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a fabulous winery, great wine and a fun tasting room! We belong to the wine club so we receive a discount on purchases and invitations to great events, such as the Cave Dinners! You must visit if you are on the way to Lake Tahoe or anywhere in the area. It is not too far off Highway 80 in Auburn. There is no fee to visit, but a small fee to taste, applicable to a purchase. So, regarding the question below about fee, it is yes & no!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I took my wife here for the first wine tasting experience (we were visiting from London). At first we were pleasantly surprised at the price - $6 try try 15 different wines... this was an unheard of price!

The wines themselves were all varying levels of great. We ended up purchasing the Breast Cancer Awareness wine because of the fantastic flavour but also because of the great cause.

The location is beautiful, amongst the Auburn California hills. Very picturesque.

I would certainly recommend this if you were visiting Auburn.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

So we visited the Mount Vernon Winery in Auburn, California. A very picturesque setting....very friendly staff and I think the wine was pretty good, but I am not sure. The pours were so small....so skimpy I could barely feel the moisture on my tongue! Several of us asked for a little more....my friend kidded the pourer about the smallness of the pours.....she didn't get it.

That being said...I did buy 4 bottles.

1  Thank CaptainStevers