“Always a good place to Visit”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #13 of 170 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We have visited 3 different Black Bears, always great food and superb staff. If you are looking for good food then always go to a Black Bear.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Not sure what all the bad reviews are about. We had a great dinner here. I had the fried chicken and it was really flavored well. My mother had a French dip sandwich which was really great and the kids had Tri Tip (which was AWESOME, very juicy and delicious) and pancake breakfast. The kids items came with a sundae and they brought over a tray with all kinds of toppings and such, such a great experience for them. I really really enjoyed this place. Wish it wasn't our last night in the area, would have gone back the next evening.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This restaurant is just what Auburn needed, I've lived in the area for 39 years and when I returned from a long stay in Hawaii, I was pleased to find we had one in my home town. I went twice in one week, once for Breakfast and once for Dinner. I had a very good meal both times and found the prices reasonable.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was with a group of 14 ladies. My Sorority Sisters had breakfast or lunch together. They have a larger dining facility. The waitresses were very accomodating because they had to do separate checks for each one of us.
I ordered a "Chicken Sausage Egg Scramble" made with egg whites with jack cheese, spinach, sauteed mushroom & avocado. I opted for the fruit for less calories. It was very tastey.
It was definitely lunch time and the beautiful sandwiches that were served and the soups and the chili were all enjoyed by my friends.
It's definitely a coffe shop atmosphere but the interior decorating is all "Bear Decor."
Service was excellent for that large a crowd. I think it is a good addition to our Auburn Restaurants.

Management response:Responded September 20, 2016

Hi! Your photo was posted some time back - however, we are creating a new website and would like to know if we could use your photo of the Diner. Please email me so we can work out the details: denise.johnson@blackbeardiner.com Looking forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

So glad Black Bear opened a restaurant in Auburn. Great comfort food -- loved the burger, fries and old-fashioned milk shake. The only problem is that it's so popular with the Tahoe crowd that us locals can't get in! But Tuesday - Thursday nights or mornings for breakfast work okay.