“Amazing stop on the way to Tahoe- Fresh, inventive and welcoming!”
Review of Katrina's

Katrina's
Ranked #1 of 165 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
California
“Amazing stop on the way to Tahoe- Fresh, inventive and welcoming!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We had tried to go to Katrina's a dozen or more times, but they are closed Monday and Tuesday, open only for Breakfast and Lunch and weekends there is a line. We went on a Friday morning at 9 am and it was packed. Easily one if the best breakfasts anywhere. However, even more impressive is that this is the best run restaurant I have seen in years regardless of rankings. The staff is warm , helpful, welcoming and very hard working. Everyone is greeted as they come through ghe door, Tables were cleared
immediately, coffee is always filled and the food arrives in minutes. Almost eery how quick they are. The food has wonderful fruit (raspberries, pineapple, blueberries, strawberries etc) and is overly generous. Splitting is highly encouraged. The omelette a are huge. The Huevos Rancheros equally big- perhaps too much cheese? The pancakes were a temptation and I don't like pancakes. The Tuscan eggs is highly recommended. Rosemary focaccia toasted with eggs , spinach etc. everything was wonderful - we will be back!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Gemma'smum

Brentwood, California
“Pleasant place”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

What a nice place! We had salads, both were very good, good thing we had the half salads The people working there were very nice and made the experience very enjoyable.Smaller places like this are the only way to have a meal.

1 Thank Edward V
Grass Valley
“Fantastic Lunch”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Very small restaurant with very big delicious plates. The salads are far the best in the area, the BBQ sandwich is very tasty and very filling. You can skip dinner after eating lunch at this wonderful little gem. Not to leave out credit to the friendly staff, they are fun and friendly people.
Don't miss out on Katrina's when visiting Auburn.

1 Thank BentleyX
Bowie
“Lemon Yogurt Pancakes!!! Oh my...”
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Katrina's was a must for breakfast on my stop to visit my cousin (more like my sister) while in from MD. She raved about the pancakes. I love the local spots sans the tourists so I was in. She didn't say enough. Best pancakes hands down. Light, fluffy, perfect balance of sweet and lemony tartness. Wonderful as is or with raspberry jam. Paired with chicken sausage and you're set. My cousin had the Tuscan scramble with potatoes and fruit. We had so much we brought some back with us. Great folks running the place, cozy atmosphere and the noise level makes for easy conversation. Highly recommended. Will definitely be back next time in town.

2 Thank JWLBowie
Westhampton, MA
“Great place for Breakfast!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We are visiting in the Auburn area and Katrina's was recommended to us. We were not disappointed! We were seated right away and we chose to sit outside. The service was good and the options are endless. I opted for the oatmeal w/ fruit and almonds..delish. My two companions both chose omelets, one denver, one meatlovers. The portions are large! My friend also tried the biscuits and gravy and they said they were the best they have had!
I would not hesitate to eat here again and I highly recommend it if you are in the area! My only reason for 4 stars is that they do not take debit or credit cards; cash or local check only. We rarely travel with cash so we had to use their cash machine.

4 Thank katnchr