“Well-worth getting off I-80 for breakfast or lunch!”
Review of Katrina's

Katrina's
Ranked #1 of 169 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Based on other reviews of Katrina's in Auburn, CA, we stopped for brunch en route to the west coast, and am I glad we did! I can only echo the raves of other reviewers: Katrina's is fabulous!
Open for breakfast and lunch, it's a homey, casual little restaurant with a lively and friendly atmosphere. The menu is enormous, but I went for the Tuscan Scramble that others had recommended because it sounded irresistible. Grilled homemade rosemary bread topped with scrambled eggs, homemade pesto ( OK, I don't need to keep repeating " homemade" because everything at Katrina's is the essence of that.), and goat cheese. A wonderful menu feature is that you can request half and half: potatoes and fresh fruit instead of a massive pile of one thing. I also learned -- alas, too late-- that if you want to sample, for instance, the legendary lemon-yoghurt pancakes, you can order a single hotcake to accompany your dish.

My husband had the huevos rancheros which were good, but our one critique is that we'd have preferred a New Mexico-style red chile sauce rather than a tomato salsa. After brunch we stopped to visit a local business that I work with who reinforced our newly-sprouted love of Katrina's, telling is " you couldn't have picked a better place!"

There are newer reviews for Katrina's

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We enjoy Katrinas, but find the parking a drag (not their fault) and the cramped quarters, while quaint, a crowded. Sat outside for a off-hour lunch with out of town friend and the sun glared the whole time. Food's great. My hairdresser goes in right before closing to get a good seat.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

The selection of sandwiches on the lunch menu is both varied and interesting. The best part is that they are delicious and fresh

Reviewed July 2, 2012

The best breakfast in town is at Katrina's. The food is fresh, well-prepared and served in very ample portions. The entire staff is friendly and provides top-notch service.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

One of the best breakfasts any where! Great egg dishes and fabulous pancakes and waffles. Fresh fruit and home fries what more could you ask!