“Yum, Fake Squeeze Cheese!”
Review of Taco Tree

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Taco Tree
Ranked #34 of 169 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I just love reading the rave reviews for the cheap fast food places like Taco Tree, it seems some people think these are gourmet restaurants or something....they're not! We were in the area of the Auburn TT when hunger pangs hit so the wife said "let's have some Nacho's for a snack"...Okay! We got the Super Nacho's and a large drink to share. You know, if it wasn't for the fake cheese squeezed all over the chips the nacho's might have tasted OK, but they didn't.
The chips themselves weren't too bad but the meat was just ground taco meat, the tomato's were not ripe at all and the beans.....were just beans. All in all it was average at best but the fake cheese made them taste bad, though the wife ate them anyway......she was hungry. Taco Tree is just another fast food place like Taco Bell or Jimboys, if you want good mex food go to El Portal or some place like that, otherwise bring on the fake cheese!

There are newer reviews for Taco Tree

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I'm from Canada and tacos aren't huge here. Taco Tree was cheap and delicious, and I even had my last meal there before I flew back. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere is what should be expected.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have to admit, I love some Taco Tree, but my gut hates it! It is better than Taco Bell, however. If you've ever had Taco Bueno, it's not better than that. Hold out for a burger! Though, my 14-year-old son likes it (only occasionally, though).

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very popular with Placer High School students, as its very crowded with them at lunch time.

Greasy, oily, but the nachos are a guilty pleasure.
My review says its "Terrible" but that is my conscience speaking!
After all, 1,650 Placer High students can't be wrong!!!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We recently spent a week in Auburn during Christmas week....Many times we drove by Taco Tree and saw big lines for the drive-thru and great crowds streaming in and out. Wow, this place must be great! One afternoon while walking the dog, the crowd was thinned out so we went for it! After trying 4 different items what we found was , it was just like Taco Bell (or any other Mexican fast food joint) ....What's the big deal?