“Taste of Italy!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

A pleasant change for Auburn's lack of quality restaurants. The pizzas were thin crust and baked just right.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We ate here when they first opened and were not impressed. Went back recently and they have greatly improved. We each had something different and both dishes were well prepared and very Italian! The service was great and the outside seating made it very authentic. We will be going back.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I am well travelled throughout the world, which includes many trips to many parts of Italy. This small restaurant rates for me as the best tratorria anywhere. It shines in its food, has well trained staff, and (you can notice) is watched over very carefully by a concerned proprietor. My experience with the proprietor was just the opposite from some prior reports. I think it is worthy of dining here and making your own evaluation, because you do not want to miss the food..

I had a very refreshing and delicious salad with mandarin oranges that hit the spot for me. I chose to order their lasagna and was not disappointed. My dining partner ordered the 1/2 roasted chicken....excellent. I dabble in cooking, so listen to me carefully! This evening's chicken was presened in perfection. You know that roast chicken offered on a menu must be pre-cooked.......so it has to do with the final prep before serving to the customer. This chicken had the crispest skin, was heated through, yet was still moist and flavorful. We ended up sharing parts of our meal together. We both agreed that the chicken and the lasagna were better than we have had anywhere. Maybe just our tastes, but we believe this establishment to be deserving of accolades. BTW, yes, the bread offerred was great, but also ask for olive oil to go with it instead of butter. We were treated to the BEST! No where else have we ever had a proprietor furnish such gourmet olive oil to its customers. Believe me. I hope he survives well and can make a good living from this shop. He deserves to.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

The co-owner is crass and quite nasty. Our evening involved being rushed through dinner in order to turn over the table quickly. He pushed our waitress to serve entrees before we were done with salads while announcing the limited time we had remaining to finish the meal. The waitress tried her best to manage the situation and was very apologetic for his rude behavior. He should take a lesson from his partner at Monkey Cat, who understands how to properly treat customers and provide a pleasant dining experience. This type of business owner undermines the ‘Think Auburn First’ campaign as local dollars will go elsewhere at a time when patronizing local businesses is most needed. We will not return to this restaurant.

3  Thank TravelerD35
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The food is mediocre at best but the owner is the rudest person I ever encountered at a restaurant. He basically told us to eat quickly and get out because he had another reservation
for the table. He was obnoxious, arrogant and rude and I'd never eat there again.

4  Thank charles g