“I love Auburn, and I was pleasantly surprises to find such a great Motel 6!!!!!!”
Review of Motel 6 Auburn

Motel 6 Auburn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Gridley, California, United States
Reviewed November 8, 2012

2011, I began struggling physically with extreme chronic pain. Needing a place to "get away" and Pray, I wasn't sure what to expect (several experiences with Motel 6 have NOT been pleasant), but I love Auburn, & took a chance.
This new motel six was clean, inexpensive and beautiful! I was very happy with my stay COMPLETELY!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank AlanBeckyR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We entered our room looked around and went to front desk to ask for our money back, of course they said NO! It was dirty, ants all over the counter and bathroom. I've never stayed at a hotel where I didn't want to sit on a toilet!! The shower looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in a while. There was inches of dirt all the way around the room. The drug dealer who stood outside at the back entrance was scary as hell, I was not surprised when 4 K9 unit cops showed up to sniff for drugs. There is a reason why its so cheap! I called the corporate office and filed a complaint.

Room Tip: Instead of giving us our money back they offered us another room... I asked... DO YOU REALLY CLEAN O...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Angie L

Travelers are raving about these Auburn hotels

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Everything else was great. Bathroom was clean, non-smoking room, great location (walk to Ikedas! jog down to the highest bridge in CA, short drive to Ruck-A-Chucky if you are a Western States 100 fan) The motion-sensing of the lights was surprising the first time as was the infrequent but nearby train line but not a big deal to me. I'd give 5 stars if the pool worked (closed for maintenance). It was hot in Auburn and I was jonesing for a swim. Check-in was quick and the desk staff were very courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: 1st floor is smoking but you can't smell it on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 24, 2011

My wife and I returned from breakfast on Friday, December 23, and found that our key card would not open our door. After about 45 minutes of back and forth with the clerk, a maintenance man successfully opened our door.

But this was the last straw for us.

The room had a motion-detection light thing so that, if you sat for 10 minutes reading a book, the light went out and you had to reset it.

We'd made a reservation for two adults, and yet there were no bath towels.

And so on.

So, we decided to cancel the second night and go somewhere else. THE CLERK REFUSED TO GIVE US A BILL SHOWING THAT WE WERE CHARGED FOR ONE NIGHT. When I asked to talk to her boss, she said that he was in India. When I asked her to give me whatever bill she could give me, she said that they didn't give bills for rooms that were reserved over the Net.

Please don't go there. Spend the extra $10-$20 and go to the Comfort Inn next door.

In all sincerity,

Kim, Los Angeles

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank jgwollaston
Farmington, Utah
Reviewed November 8, 2011

The good: the price was cheap, about $55 for the night, for a family of four. Two double beds, the sheets were clean. The bathroom was clean as well, and the staff was nice during check in. It is pet friendly and had no issues with our dog. It was right off the freeway, so easy access, and there were gas stations close by and a few fast food joints along with a grocery store. We stayed in a room on the end furthest from the freeway and did not hear any road noise. The A/C-heater-fan and tv worked fine.

The bad: no frills. (but what do you expect? it IS a Motel 6!) The beds were doubles, not queens. Made for a tight squeeze, but they were comfortable atleast. The floor.... it was bad! Bad enough I did not want to even walk on it with my socks on, just my shoes. It needed to be replaced.... a shampoo job wouldnt have made a dent.

We never tried the free coffee in the lobby or any other services (if they even had any, which I did not even attempt to find out)

Bottom line... if staying here during a trip as just a place to sleep and only staying one night, it might be worth a look. I would not stay here longer than that.

Room Tip: Use your phone/computer and look on expedia (or other travel site) for a lower rate than the walk in...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank erixun
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Well I have been staying in this area for quite a while and at this motel a few times. Never a great stay but better than the super 8 up the road (less urine on the walls). Our first room looked as if nothing had been cleaned and smelled like old socks and the tv did not work. after 45 minutes of trying to get another room we suited up to hit the hot tub (the only deciding factor to making up our mind to stay at this place) to find it cold. We then headed to the front desk to see what was going on (note one hour before we had asked how late it was open and if it was working) the guy behind the desk said they had been having trouble with it and the management was not wanting to fix it and to complain in the morning so they would. Lot of good it did us idiots.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Retardedtripadvisme
SF
Reviewed September 14, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here on the way back home after a 10 hour+ day of driving west. Although no room with 2 queen beds was available, the double beds were nice and comfortable, the room was both clean and relatively "fresh", and the Overnight rate couldn't be beat. Altogether a great place to crash if you're not gonna make it all the way to your destination.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank KGHofSF
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Best Western Golden Key
Best Western Gold Country Inn
#3 of 10 in Grass Valley
Comfort Inn & Suites Rocklin
Heritage Inn Express Rocklin

Been to Motel 6 Auburn? Share your experiences!