“Excellent Food but bring your wallet!”
Review of Tsudas Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tsudas Cafe
Cuisines: American
Meadow Vista, California
“Excellent Food but bring your wallet!”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

The food is excellent. The sandwich selections are inspired. The curry chicken - yum!! My first visit the owner was in and I felt very welcomed - she was very upbeat. I was helped quickly and even after paying more than I expected to pay for lunch, I was thrilled with my new find in Auburn!

My second trip in there - not two days later - I found a different young lady working alone. It was during lunch time so I'm not sure why she was all alone, but for ten minutes she was the only one taking orders from a long line of folks as well as making the food. A guy showed up to help her some time later, thank goodness! The food was as tasty as the first time, but the vibe was a bit more angst (for good reason IMO).

Over all I really enjoy the food but will not visit as often as I would like because a ten dollar sandwich isn't in my budget too often.

• Visited December 2011

California
“Great food!”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We loved the cherry coffee cake, chocolate chip cookies, pear salad, and make your own sandwiches. :) Nice place to stop!

Visited October 2011
Newcastle, california, USA
“Less drama, more serving the customer....”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I went in to Tsuda's today to get a "quick" lunch to go and it was not a good experience, which is odd because I've always gotten good service before. I believe their regular counter person left to go open her own business and what a loss for Tsuda's. The girl that was at the register today could barely focus on me and my order because she was arguing with another counter person (male). It took forever to get a simple sandwich and all three of the counter personnel were more concerned about who was talking to who, blah, blah, blah than they were about serving the customers. Such a shame, because they have pretty good food, albeit somewhat overpriced.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Jennifer K
california
“Excellent quality and Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The quality of the food here is great - lots of healthy and natural choices. The chef is enthusiastic and dedicated. The owner (Alex) is amazingly friendly and dedicated as well.

• Visited August 2011
Mountain View, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mediocre food, terrible service”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We ordered a salad and sandwich for lunch... I'd give both a grade of C. We also ordered french press coffee... which never came even after being reminded. I finally went up to the counter to ask for the french press coffee and was told just to get a cup from the dispensers on the counter. Hello... if I wanted drip coffee I would not have payed an extra 2 bucks for the french press. No apologies were offered, but at least they gave me a refund.

I would never go back here again!

• Visited July 2011