“Best Auburn has to offer” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Max's

Max's
Ranked #13 of 165 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving lunch and dinner weekdays and a fantastic Brunch on the Weekends! New York Deli with California cuisine. "Something for everyone". Located on Interstate 80 at historic Hwy. 49, Next to Auburn Holiday Inn.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Best Auburn has to offer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

My family and I dined at Max's for dinner, and was amazed by the food and service by Brett. Two days later, my partner and I were married, and the family hosted our reception there. Again, excellent food, drinks and service by Marcie.

Payson, Utah
“Good food but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have a Ruben and French Onion soup and it was very good they also have great sour dough rolls. Prices are a little high but it is a nice sit down restaurant.

1 Thank shortsallyear
Averill Park, New York
“Mexican omelette is addictive!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I frequent Max's when I can for breakfast, always ordering the Mexican cheese omelette (with bacon, refried beans, etc. inside). Served with salsa, guacamole and sour cream, what really makes it stand out are the deep fried jalapeno slices that accompany the order (I always ask for extra). No need for the usual fried potatoes and bread (toast, muffin, whatever), because this omelette alone will fill you up!
I also always ask to sit in the adjoining portion of the restaurant that is away from the sports bar (where they'll try to automatically seat you if you're there as they open). This is because there are several TVs always on and I have a very low tolerance for all of that noise so early in the morning. If a new hostess, they'll often try to state that "that section is closed," but you're the customer so be affirmative.
Oh, and look for a 1/2-off entree coupon (when ordering second full-price entree). These appear in the local shopper.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

This restaurant located inside the Holiday Inn was a pleasant surprise for a chain hotel. The interior design was lovely and the lighting made it feel more like a restaurant than a typical hotel breakfast cafeteria.

We had the thai shrimp lettuce cups, butter lettuce wedge and the chicken piccata. There was plenty for my husband and I to split.
If you are a desert person, their bakery puts out the most amazing cakes, pies and giant chocolate eclairs.

Meadow Vista, California
“Going Down Hill Fast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We eat here about once a week. Up until early May, it was our favorite place for a romantic dinner, or a lunch with friends. This last month the quality of food has gone down dramatically. Service is very spotty and the staff is not well trained like they were before. Two days ago I ate there. I used to rave about the fresh rolls that came out before the meal. We had to ask for them twice, and when they showed up, they were NOT fresh and tasted like frozen then microwaved. My Son's burger was supposed to be 1/2 pound bacon cheeseburger. It came out the small burger, no bacon, no cheese. Waited 5 minutes for a waitress to appear. Nothing. Found a manager who fixed the burger. Meanwhile my food was cold.
Went in today with friends for lunch. Leary of the burgers and sandwiches from recent past experience. Same lame service. Ordered chicken Cobb salad large, friend ordered same small. both came out undressed and they were EXACTLY the same size.. One in a narrow sided bowl and mine in a wide flanged bowl. Rolls had to be asked for again.. Also hard and day old. Salad greens were warm. We couldn't eat our lunch. This is not the Max's it used to be. Very sad.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Been to Max's? Share your experiences!