“Good atmosphere”

Ranked #14 of 165 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving lunch and dinner weekdays and a fantastic Brunch on the Weekends! New York Deli with California cuisine. "Something for everyone". Located on Interstate 80 at historic Hwy. 49, Next to Auburn Holiday Inn.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good atmosphere”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This restaurant located inside the Holiday Inn was a pleasant surprise for a chain hotel. The interior design was lovely and the lighting made it feel more like a restaurant than a typical hotel breakfast cafeteria.

We had the thai shrimp lettuce cups, butter lettuce wedge and the chicken piccata. There was plenty for my husband and I to split.
If you are a desert person, their bakery puts out the most amazing cakes, pies and giant chocolate eclairs.

Visited July 2013

Meadow Vista, California
“Going Down Hill Fast”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We eat here about once a week. Up until early May, it was our favorite place for a romantic dinner, or a lunch with friends. This last month the quality of food has gone down dramatically. Service is very spotty and the staff is not well trained like they were before. Two days ago I ate there. I used to rave about the fresh rolls that came out before the meal. We had to ask for them twice, and when they showed up, they were NOT fresh and tasted like frozen then microwaved. My Son's burger was supposed to be 1/2 pound bacon cheeseburger. It came out the small burger, no bacon, no cheese. Waited 5 minutes for a waitress to appear. Nothing. Found a manager who fixed the burger. Meanwhile my food was cold.
Went in today with friends for lunch. Leary of the burgers and sandwiches from recent past experience. Same lame service. Ordered chicken Cobb salad large, friend ordered same small. both came out undressed and they were EXACTLY the same size.. One in a narrow sided bowl and mine in a wide flanged bowl. Rolls had to be asked for again.. Also hard and day old. Salad greens were warm. We couldn't eat our lunch. This is not the Max's it used to be. Very sad.

• Visited June 2013
Reno, Nevada
“Fun Service and great food.”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The service staff were attentive and fun and our food choices were very good. We will go back but go hungry as the portions are very large.

Visited May 2013
Rocklin,CA
“"Incredible food, every time!"”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Always enjoy having dinner here! Grandma's chicken with mashed potatoes is a favorite. (Warning, there's enough food for two! )

• Visited May 2013
Reno, Nevada
“Always a great stop on my travels”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Max's is a routine stop for me every time I travel on I-80 from Reno to Northern California. It's a great place to stretch your legs, parking is always easy and the property clean and pretty. The service is cheerful and prompt, the food hot and tasty and the restrooms are always spotless! Many times, we just grab a cup of coffee and one of their delicious muffins but occasionally we stop and have a leisurely lunch. On a recent trip, we stopped both on our way to San Francisco and on the way home. I highly recommend their turkey sandwich with cranberry cream cheese on 12-grain bread and a cup of fries, served so hot, we actually had to let them cool for a few minutes before we could eat them! Max's never disappoints and will continue to be a regular stop for me on my travels.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Max's? Share your experiences!