“Secret Soup” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Sacramento, California
“Secret Soup”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

I asked for my favorite Thai soup (I'm Thai) which wasn't on the menu and the chef made it for me. It was perfect and delicious!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Nini P

Cool, California
“Wonderful Thai Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

We have been going here since they opened. Love the food and staff. The value is amazing. The Tamarind Shrimp are to die for.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Barbara S
Maryland
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

While staying in Auburn, we decided to give Royal Thai a try. I'm pretty picky, but noted that the Pad-Thai was PERFECT! One warning, the curry is very spicy, but yummy.

• Visited July 2011
Auburn,CA USA
“A wonderful surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

We were a party of 4 and only one of us had been there before. We were all pleasantly surprised at the wonderful flavor of the food. The service was good and the waitress explained that you could have your food spicy hot or mild. We all ordered rice and it was a lot of rice. Next time I would order 1 bowl of rice for 2 or 3 people. All in all a great experience. I will be going again in May.

• Visited February 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Oakland, Ca, Usa
“Delicious Food, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2010

We came away from our experience at Royal Thai very happy. We had found acceptable restaurants in Auburn in the past but never really good like this one. We are used to SF Bay Area Thai food, where we have many choices besides the ordinary. Royal Thai is good enough to compete with Bay Area Thai restaurants. So we give it 5 starts for its category, not for all restaurants you might eat in in the world.

We ate outside on a balmy lovey evening and enjoyed that ambiance. I don't know what it would be like to sit inside. Looked mb a little dark but that might have been because my mood was so much for "outside" to break up our car ride.

The service was as gracious as it could be. The sauce from our pumpkin curry was so fantastic that I had to take it home even though we had eaten all the veggies out of it. Our waitress suggest some ways to use with veggies we might have at home for our next day's meal.

Royal Thai is easy to get to and easy to get back on the freeway.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Royal Thai Restaurant? Share your experiences!