“Best Reuben EVER”

Auburn Alehouse
Ranked #3 of 172 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Brian & Lisa Ford opened Auburn Alehouse Brewery & Restaurant in 2007 in the iconic Shanghai Restaurant, embracing the building's character and colorful history in the heart of Historic Auburn. While enjoying their full bistro menu, patrons can often see Brian & his brewers making world-class beer in small batches, using only the finest malted barley and American-grown hops. With a collection of prestigious awards hanging on the wall it's easy to see why the SacBee recently said Auburn Alehouse is one of the region's premier craft breweries. Favorites include the Gold Digger IPA (CA State Fair Gold Medal Winner), Gold Country Pilsner (GABF Gold Medal Winner), Hop Donkey (GABF Silver Medal Winner) and PU240 IPA! Lunch and Dinner are served every day, while our Brunch menu is served on Saturday and Sunday from 9am-noon. Don't forget we have a dog friendly patio!
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Yep, it was the best....All 3 of us that ate today said the same thing! Very lean pastrami!

Great beer, and never had it better Reuben!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I really like the look of the restaurant and its convenient location. I met some people here for a business dinner and the food was reasonably priced, well prepared and we were served well.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Best choice (in my opinion) is the "Ale House Burger" with sweet potato fries.

Have this selection and you will NEVER get a let-down. Best burger plate in Auburn! (Note-- this can be split between two persons, its that huge!!!)

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I met a business associate at The Auburn Ale House for lunch recently at his suggestion. We never tried the beer, but both meals were excellent. I had the Fish and Chips and have to say they are as good as can be had anywhere on the in California. I will stop again when I'm in the area.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have given AAH many tries to get it right hoping the food would improve. I don't like it when you order food and it all tastes like it comes out of a fryer. It's just marginal pub food that needs to be kicked up a notch.