Foothills Motel
$67
$150
$144
$105
Best Western Golden Key(Auburn)(Great Value!)
$128
Orbitz.com
$253
$246
$76
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This is a place that would rather steal $250 than earn $1500, I paid for a week and after two days I was called to go to WA. to repair power lines after a storm, I said that I would be back and asked for a refund or credit, they said that they didn't give refunds or credits. Bates motel from Hell.

Room Tip: find a real place to stay
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank grady l
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I was on my way back from Reno to San Jose at night. Late, dark, cold and this hotel is very convenient to the Interstate exit, both arriving and departing. Quite old, but kept in reasonable repair and clean. Plenty of towels. Shower head was primitive, but hot water was fine. Numbered parking space in front of room is nice. I stay in this kind of place when I travel alone, but would never bring my wife here.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2011

This motel was built in the 1950's and all the rooms are on one level. The rooms are clean and each has an assigned parking place. It is located near the bowling alley and several restaurants and directly across the freeway from a shopping center with a grocery store and laundromat. Each room has a microwave and refrigerator. Every room has a small enclosed patio area. Pretty basic, but the price is right. All the other motels in Auburn are grossly overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Baseballbill2
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I liked the rooms and the nice location next to the pool with a nice lawn. I was however concerned about the people hanging around. It seems the people operating the place have friends hanging around and they seem to party there. If there was a change with management I would definitely go back. And the phones were still not working when I was there.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed May 29, 2011

The service sucks! I stayed here because the best western across the street was full. Upon check in they handed me a remote. There was 3 people in my party I requested a room with 2 bed they charged me for 2 when we went to the room only one bed. That would be awkward. Went back to the office they needed all of my credit card info again took another 20 mins to sort it out because the lady behind the counter was way to busy talking to her daughter in the office to deal with it. Acted as if it was my fault. The phones don't work. I guess there is tenats here one of them had a dog that ran up to us several times my husband woul bend down to pet the dog and look for a tag thinking it was lost. A very ragged looking lady yelled at him asked if it was his dog he said no and then she started screaming at the dog calling it. I told her he was just being polite she yelled at me to mind my own business. I addressed to the office they didn't care. At night the heater blazed at what felt like 95 no way to turn it off. I went to the office again no one was there I rang a bell to be met by a sleepy lady who told me nothing can be done about it. And gave me a little lecture about I wasn't supposed to ring the bell her child was sleeping. I can feel for her but seriously?? I am not supposed to get any kind of service because you child is sleeping??? I am sorry, this place looks like is houses crackheads and prostitutes they should rent it out buy the hour so everyone else would know what to expect.

• Stayed: May 2011