“Auburn's best kept secret!!!”

Power's Mansion Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Auburn B&B and Inns
“Auburn's best kept secret!!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Alfred and his wife and staff! These people went above and FAR beyond any of our expectations during our visit at the Mansion. He even sent one of my wedding party home with a staff member to retrieve a dress that had been left at our house. Although we made the mistake of not choosing to have our wedding at the mansion Alter still bent over backwards to accommodate our needs and he even brought us an amazing sound system and facilitated it's use during our ceremony at another venue location! When Alfred says "we will do what it takes to make your event work for you" he means it! One of the last honest and humble businessmen we know. We give our experience 10000 stars! And we plan to return yearly. Sincerely Mr. And Mrs. Lucich

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
San Jose, California
Reviewed July 26, 2011

The Inn is very nice, but it was expensive and the innkeeper was pretty much absent during our one night stay. The main issue is that you need to go to a dumpy bar with TVs blasting across a parking lot for breakfast. Apparently, the nice room in the Inn which should be used for breakfast is reserved for a tea service or something. The Inn doesn't really focus on its guests, doesn't seem that the owners care much about making the experience nice.

1 Thank blairhankins33
Carmichael, California
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed at this inn as we attending a wedding that weekend at "The Beda Place" just up the road. We cannot say enough about how kind and generous the staff here was! Our every need was catered to and if we weren't asking for something they were asking us if we needed anything. The room we stayed in was a basic room, kinda kitchy setup with it being a converted house. But suited us just fine. I honestly can only remember how nice the owner and staff were. We wished several times throughout our stay that my brother had held his wedding here instead of the Beda Place. Even though the rooms were nothing spectacular, the customer service completely out shined anything that lacked in the room.

Room Tip: room 1 was a spacious room, with a comfy bed and 3 large windows. weird setup though, Tub was very n...
Berkeley
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Our host Alfred and his assistant Noah provided the best innkeeper service I can recall over all my travels to date. My wife and I stayed there along with many family members for a family wedding weekend and were overwhelmed with all the "extras" provided by our host. He even let us use his sound system *and* transported it, at no extra charge, for the wedding ceremony held at an offsite location. All with a smile on the face and love exuding from his heart. It was an unforgettable experience.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed July 25, 2011

On the occasion of my son's wedding we contacted Power's Mansion. We had Groupons which made a very good deal. We secured all of the rooms of the Mansion for family and guests. Before we ever registered we had spoken with the staff about changes, room assignments, cancellations and additions. All of which they accomodated us at every turn. The staff always asking if they could help in any way and were willing to do anything to make our stay more enjoyable. The owner, Alfred Lee, a magical man of many talents, provided more for us that any establishment I have ever stayed in and we are world travelers. He extended himself and his staff far beyond any expectations with the affection of a family member. To be treated like royality usually only comes with a cruise but here we found gold in Auburn. I highly recomend the Power's Mansion and Alfred Lee for your next event or stay.

Room Tip: Our room was clean and refreshingly cold in late July
Davis, California
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Our wedding party rented out the mansion for the weekend. We had the rehearsal dinner, wedding, and reception at the Mansion. Having two nights with run of the mansion was great. Not driving from place to place was a relief. My family had time to meet and talk with my wife's extended family in a relaxed atmosphere. It was a week end long party. The staff was great and helped with all of the details that came up. It was a great wedding.

lincoln, ca
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I had my wedding here and it was literally the time of my life! The planning and coordinating was effortless and immaculate. Both the ceremony (preformed by the owner who did a wonderful job) and the reception went off without a hiccup. The food was fantastic, service was great. I had family and friends come from all over and everyone loved the mansion, the history, the charm, the people, everything! We all stayed at the mansion and had breakfast in the morning, which was scrumptious! One thing that was extremely important to me was how "kid friendly" the entire venue was. I found many high end places are not friendly towards kids, but not this one. My kids were welcome and had a blast! Everyone still talks about how fun and personal the whole experience was, thanks to Alfred. I decided to do everything in house through the Power's Mansion. Everything from food, to DJ, photogrpahy, flowers, cake, and officiant, and I am sooooo glad I did. I wish I could relive the entire experience over again at least once a year:) Thank you Power's Mansion and especially Alfred!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Holiday Inn Auburn
#3 of 7 in Auburn
Super 8 Auburn
Super 8 Auburn
#5 of 7 in Auburn

Been to Power's Mansion Inn? Share your experiences!