“Definitely worth another visit, or two”

Joe Caribe Bistro and Cafe
Ranked #13 of 165 Restaurants in Auburn
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Joe Caribe serves light ethnic food at reasonable prices. Chicken Curry Burritos, Fish Tacos and Pork Mojo Sandwiches are some of the offerings. A nice short beer list includes Chimay on tap.
Mid-Peninsula of the San Francisco Bay Area
“Definitely worth another visit, or two”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Not sure I would call the food Caribbean food, not like Jamaica, Bahamas, et al. More tropical Mexican.

I had the skirt steak, marinated in garlic and other spices. Very good. I am not much of a fan for creamed spinach normally except in Oysters Rockefeller but Joe Caribe's uses coconut milk in theirs and it is great. My wife had their salmon dinner, also good. We split one of the salad entrees of mixed greens and it was good, not overloaded with dressing.
And th prices were VERY reasonable. We got out for under $70 before tip with my one drink.

Note: They don't have a hard liquor license so my mojito was made using some wine cooler as the base instead of rum. It was still decent although mine was a little heavy on the club soda for my tastes. Definitely worth another visit or two.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Sherpadad54

Auburn, California
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We kept hearing that Joe Caribe had these great fish tacos---if you like fish mush.....Very weird blend of flavors and the beans tasted like someone had dumped some powdered herbs into cans of black beans.

Visited August 2012
Milan, Michigan
“Surprise! We LIKE carribean quizine. (And great service, too)”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Since we like Mexican food, we hunted for a Mexican restaurant in the area but when one we found had a line out the door we opted for Joe Caribe which was much closer to our hotel. We were in for a great surprise. We liked it. We really liked it. The coconut curry noodles were very flavorful, the curry not too hot and the other spices (including those in other dishes) were not overwhelming and very tasty. Our server was splendid and helped make out party feel welcome genuinely welcome. We had a larger party and they were able to seat us without a wait in an area where very little else was going on. A very good experience over all.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank ccothernII
York, South Carolina
“More on menu”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This place was not too shabby but it could have had more things on the menu.I enjoyed the vegetarian burrito which is huge! It is a unique cuisine which I enjoyed

Visited August 2012
“Excellent value and good food.”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Simply the best fish taco's I've had anywhere and a Curry Tomato Bisque soup to DIE for! Several vegetarian options, gluten free options also, all with generous portion sizes and very reasonable prices. A great selection of beers, some "okay" wines and fun "mocktails" (I don’t think they have hard alcohol but I’m not completely sure about this) Great location right of the freeway with lots of parking and a comfy/casual ambience inside. It’s our “go to place” when meeting friends or just grabbing a beer. Can get busy on the weekends but it’s always been worth the wait.

• Visited July 2012