“Great Museum”

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great Museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Fantastic museum with a large selection of US aircraft (and an RAF Vulcan) and extremely helpful staff who in my case arranged for a visit the restoration centre. You need to allow plenty of time for a visit and as its nearly all outside and take frequent breaks. Overall a great experience and a facility well worthwhile visiting.

Visited September 2012

Hermiston, Oregon
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 147 helpful votes
“Wow , What a lot of planes , many models that are only visible in Ohio!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Saw their sign when cruising down California 99 , thought "we need a break" so went in and paid up , could see a few planes from the parking lot - But ... Had many that are only on display at the US Air Force Museum in Ohio! A complete B-36 with 2 thermo-nuclear bombs(de-militarized) that it could carry - A B-23 , an A-9 , B-52 & B-47 and alot of others! We've been to Pima in Arizona and some of these were not in their collection! (They were putting their B-36 together when we visited Tucson) Neat collection of posters , uniforms and momentos inside!

Visited December 2012
Highway City, California, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A TREASURE TROVE OF MILITARY AIRPLANES”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is a can't miss stop for avaiaion enthusiasts. There are lots of one-of-a-kind aircraft here. Bring your camera!

Visited October 2012
Mariposa, CA
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Wonderful old planes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

So many different planes to look at both outside and inside and I loved the cockpit displays that you could enter.

Downey, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

While on a Central California vacation, I found out about this air museum. When I went to the website I found out they had a B-36 bomber on display. Being the largest bomber ever built I had to go see it, having never seen one. When we arrived we entered into the parking lot and there sat an SR-71 in the parking lot .We where greeted by a very pleasant lady for admission .After entering the park I was surprised to see many old and newer aircraft in very good condition. I did get to see the B-36 which is a monster of a plane. The museum was another surprise, small but some really good memorabilia from the past. We also spoke to a very nice volunteer who was a crewman on one of the planes and was a joy to listen to his stories and the information he shares about the park.

My hat is off to the 15 or so volunteers that keep these planes looking so good, you should be very proud, as I know I was proud to see them. This Air Museum is a must see for any plane buff, they look great and much better than at March Air museum.

Visited October 2012