“First Time at Almond Tree”

Almond Tree Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #7 of 47 Restaurants in Atwater
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I have past by this restraint a bunch of times because from the outside it doesn't look like anything special but early this morning my friends invited me to go have breakfast there.
We walked in and inside is very cozy and relaxed. Very nice atmosphere. There menu was a little confusing and cluttered but they do have a big selection of different types of food from sea food, to Mexican food and of course breakfast and home tome dishes. We tried the calamari first and was pleasantly surprised. Not only was it fresh and fantastic. There sauce was very unique. Sort of a combination of a cocktail sauce with a peppery kick. It wad very good. There biscuits and gravy was to die for. Huge amount of both and the deluxe version had tons of sausage and bacon sprinkled on top.
I will be going back in the near future.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Almond Tree is one of those restaurants where the food is excellent and the service is even better. The waitress staff keeps your coffee cup filled and checks on you regularly to make sure everything is ok.
I can very truthfully state that I have never had bad service there or had a bad meal.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

It's a local restaurant with local food, and in the agricultural Central Valley that means a lot! I don't normally like cooked carrots, but when I tried those served at the Almond Tree, my eyes opened in amazement. Just delicious! I really had no trouble with this place and am glad I got to experience one more bit of Americana rather than patronize the chain restaurant across the street. And you can weigh yourself on an old-fashioned penny scale (for 25 cents) in the lobby.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

A fav. of a Merced local I know. We met there and were undisturbed so we could have a good meeting of about an hour after we got coffee and soft drinks (Pepsi [Diet version, of course--keep your teeth and don't harass your liver], I believe I recall. Hooray if so.) Sadly, I did not try the food so cannot help there. Odd, old-fashioned--or something--interior. Perhaps next time we'll try food there. Staff is not smooth, polished professionals, but more local folks--perhaps the cooking will be Mom's type too; good, if that turns out the case.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This restaurant could use a little renovating, but the service has always been good and the food wonderful. We love the fact that we can have a Hamburger or calamari, a nice alcoholic beverage or a beer, coffee or soda's, you can sit down to a nice dinner or hang out at the counter for a Burger and shoot the breeze with the locals and play the Lotto...your chose of experience..Great Food, Great Service!