“Wow, this place is overlooked!”

Ocean Harvest Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 95 Restaurants in Atascadero
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed January 4, 2010

I confess as a local that travels out of the area for months at a time and eats in restaurants way too much that when I'm "home" the last thing I want to do is eat in yet another restaurant. It was by chance that a trip to my dentist here in Atascadero and a conversation with my dental technician that turned me on to Ocean Harvest. She said the whole staff at the dental office goes there for lunch frequently and enjoys the meals.
Following the tip I dined at Ocean Harvest last Saturday night. I had the fresh grilled swordfish, rice, and mixed vegetables for the main course. At about $22.00, The meal was outstanding. My companion had the fish and chips for about $9.00. Both meals were outstanding! The salad offered with the swordfish was just alright. The small bowl of clam chowder was excellent.
Forget about "atmosphere", but the food is great. I'll go back.

2  Thank notatourist1994

Reviewed October 27, 2009

Small restaurant with few tables. Open with wonderful Clam Chowder soup that is hearty and flavorful. Salad was passable but nothing special. Fish is cooked to perfection with great flavor and served with potato or rice. The rice was very good. Restaurant is small with 2 waitresses working an L shaped dining area and they performed admirably. Would definitely go back again.

3  Thank femrgrp
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Ocean Harvest has been a local favorite for many years. Their salad dressing is homemade and the fish is fresh. Friendly and good service. We always favor good local owned businesses.
dwpr