“OK for a Brief Stay”

Best Western Plus Colony Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Atascadero
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed overnight here and that was just about enough. For me, I can't see staying more than a night or two. The room was large and comfortable. We parked just outside our room which was nice. Although, there is an in-room coffee maker, we were only provided two packs of decaf. There was no in-room safe. The thermostat seemed to go no lower than 68, so the night was uncomfortably warm. I wrestled with opening the old and rusty window. Breakfast was included which I appreciate. The breakfast was fine, but they have it set up in a hallway so it got very crowded. I suggest going early to eat. I just don't feel we got reasonable value for what we paid. As we left, and drove north on the 101, we passed a Motel 6 which flashed its room rate. It was half of what we paid and I wished we had stayed there. Bottom line: not a bad place at all. Just over priced for what we got.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Robin E, General Manager at Best Western Plus Colony Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit with us. I am sorry about there not being enough in room coffee in your room, that is unacceptable. I will speak to our team in regards to this.

As for our thermostats, they do not go lower than 68 degrees, due to our green standards. We do our best to regulate our energy usage, so we remain green rated. I know this doesn't help now, but we do have an oscillating fan that is available to borrow.

We are aware of our breakfast area being in an awkward setup. We are looking to renovate our breakfast area in the next couple of years.

We are reasonably priced for our value and the location of our hotel. This time of year is still considered our peak season. We have many lovely events going on weekly that make October and the beginning of November an exciting time to visit. For the future, we do offer online specials and promotions.

I really appreciate all your valuable feedback. I will utilize your input for the future.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Colony Inn

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Excellent except for refrigerator noise. Staff was very cooperative and friendly. We will be returning soon. The breakfast selection and presentation was very attractive. very good location for us. *******************************************************

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for commenting on your stay with us. I am very sorry about the refrigerator. Please feel free to unplug it (if you're not using it) during your next stay if it's bothersome. We want you to have the most comfortable stay possible. If myself or one of my team members can assist you in your next stay with us give us a call, and we would be happy to help.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Was very pleased with this hotel. I loved that they had a shower vs. a bathtub shower. The breakfast was pretty good but it's very disorganized. Get to it early before the crowd. I would stay here again next time I go to Paso Robles. Paso has the best wine tasting of any area I have ever been.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Robin E, General Manager at Best Western Plus Colony Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am happy to see you enjoyed your time with us. We are aware that the breakfast is not in a great location. We are hoping to build a new location within the next two years. You had a poolside room, which has a really nice three headed shower. Only our pool rooms have this great accommodation, so make sure if you get to stay with us again that you request that room type.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was a perfect location to finish our Wine Tasting during the day in the Paso/Templeton areas. Would stay here again, staff was great and location very quiet. The Breakfast room is small although the guests come and go very quickly and the staff in attendance was very helpful. The only thing that looked like it was being repaired was the waterfall and bridge area. This is a Great Place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Robin E, General Manager at Best Western Plus Colony Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit. We are aware that the breakfast area is small, and I am sorry for that. We are hoping to build a new breakfast room within the next couple of years. I will post your comments for my whole team to see. I do hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We selected this BW based on location. Very comfortable and a good value. Good breakfast, close to highway, minutes from the wineries - quiet; comfortable bed, friendly staff. 20 minutes from SLO and about 10 minutes to South wineries - will stay here again...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Robin E, General Manager at Best Western Plus Colony Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am so happy we could provide such great value for your stay. I do hope that you will visit us again. If we can be of any assistance for you future reservation please let us know.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel should be rated a PLUS...PLUS! The front desk staff were terrific. Answered all our questions and provided excellent customer service. They went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant one. The room size is larger than most standard Best Western hotels. You can see that the hotel owner has invested a considerable amount to upgrade its facilities. This is a great place to stay and close to all local attractions. CA SR 1 is a breath-taking adventure and would highly recommend it to all visitors.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first floor for easy access
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Robin E, General Manager at Best Western Plus Colony Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay so much! Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit. I sure hope that you will visit us again in the near future. If we can be of any assistance for your next reservation, please don't hesitate to give us a call at 805-466-4449.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Our stay was excellent on all counts. We would stay there again. The staff was friendly and helpful. The quality of room and housekeeeping was excellent. I would recommend this property to anyone needing a place to stay when in the Atascadero area..

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Robin E, General Manager at Best Western Plus Colony Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to comment on your visit with us. I am so glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. If we can be of any assistance for you next stay with us, please let us know. We would be happy to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Robin Ewing

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atascadero
The Carlton Hotel
Best Western Plus Black Oak
Best Western Plus Black Oak
#7 of 18 in Paso Robles
Hampton Inn & Suites - Paso Robles

Been to Best Western Plus Colony Inn? Share your experiences!