Best Western Plus Colony Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Carlton Hotel(Atascadero)
Hotels.com
$96
$85
$75
Vino Inn & Suites(Atascadero)
$71
$69
Hotels.com
La Bellasera Hotel and Suites(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$209
Hampton Inn & Suites - Paso Robles(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$158
$152
Courtyard Marriott Paso Robles(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$129
Farmhouse Motel(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$110
All reviewswafflespaso roblesbreakfast roomfitness centerbaconclean roomsnice hotelwine tastingbest westernswould stay againconvenient locationfresh fruitdecent breakfastmicrowave and refrigeratorgreat pricenice staypool and hot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This room is so bad that I am still checked in and writing about it. The room is approximately 25 foot in length, cut in half by a 4 foot wall. The first half has a writing desk and a gapping closet with ironing board and hangers; no door.The rest of this section consists of a small writing desk, lamp and a refrigerator and microwave on top of it. The other half of the room contains the bed and cabinet that holds the TV. One side of the bed is next to the window with air/heat unit under it. The unit is so close to the bed you have to walk sideways to get into bed. This side contains a side table and lamp the other side has none.There is no couch to sit on only one little chair in the corner, not in front of the TV, but beside it. If you want to relax sit on the bed. When I finished reading; I tried to sleep with the light on because I did not want to wake my husband to turn out the light. I tossed and turned for a couple of hours. I was staring at the back of the fridge and microwave and the closet with the clothes hanging there because I faced away from the light. I hit my leg on the heater walking back around to my side. Finally, I had to get out of bed walk around and turn off the light because my husband was already asleep. There was no place to put my book and glasses so I dropped them on the floor next to my side of the bed. The bathroom is the size of one half of the room. A huge roll in shower with a hand spray, shower head and large handicap bench. I had to get out of the shower and walk three feet to get my towel; no towel hooks or bars other than over the commode. When i first saw our room I immediately called and asked why we were given a handicap room and the front desk clerk denied that it was a handicap room that although it contained a roll in shower it was not a handicap room. That we had asked for an "executive" room and this was it. I don't like being lied to. We have stayed here over a period of ten years and had planned to again in May, but will cancel that reservation. I have had an "executive" room before and believe me this was not one. This room is a room with nothing to offer but a lot of wasted space and no comfort or amenities. Tacky, tacky, tacky. And while I am at it, why no welcome back Mr. and Mrs. John Doe? We have been long time guests, but no one recognizes that every time we stay there, plus we get the lousy tacky room. You don't treat your returning guests like that that.

Room Tip: .Don't accept room 237 even if you are handicapped. Don't believe what the clerk at the front desk tells you, see the room first.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OPtraveler_12
Robin E, General Manager at Best Western Plus Colony Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am truly sorry that you were not recognized when you were checked in. I will speak to the staff in regards to doing a better job of identifying repeat guests. As for room 237, it is an executive room but also a full ADA room. We do not hide that. I do have a new staff that is learning all the room types, so I apologize that you were mis-informed. I do hope that you will give us another chance to serve you, and to show you superior customer service that you are so accustomed to.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Check-in experience was efficient, the woman at the front desk very knowledgeable and courteous. I had reservations for a single queen bed, handicapped accessible, using a AAA rate. The room was small (what I expected) but comfortable with everything I wanted, i.e., microwave, refrig, coffee maker. I've stayed in other motels without these amenities and really miss them. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was handicapped equipped and had bars on the side of the toilet. There is a fitness center next door, free to guests at the motel. The location is good, easy to find from Highway 101. There is a pool (too cold for me) and a hot tub. I used the hot tub and it was great! There is a complimentary breakfast buffet that has everything: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, yogurt, etc. It's not the stale danish and a cup of coffee as in other places I've stayed. The only thing that irritated me was there is no ice machine on the 2nd floor, where I stayed. If you want ice, you have to go to 1st or 2nd floor to get it. On the positive side, the rooms are well insulated against noise. The room was very quiet. Interior corridors, elevator is in middle of the floors. With the AAA discount and a substantial breakfast included in the price of this motel, it's a deal. I made reservations over the Best Western site and they had the best price. I'd recommend this motel.

Room Tip: If you want easy access to bring your stuff into the room, get 1st floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Wow, thank you for all of your feedback and for taking the time to write about it! I am so happy that you had an opportunity to stay with us. I am sorry there is no room on the second floor for an ice machine, if there was we would definately put one in. I know this is an inconveniece, and I am sorry for that. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and I do hope that you will come back to visit.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were traveling south on highway 101 with a planned stop over in San Luis Obispo. Unfortunately we were just too tired to continue driving. Fortunately we spotted the Best Western Plus Colony Inn just off the highway.
Front desk person was very nice and quickly checked us into a room on the first floor. Little did we know we had just been "upgraded" to a "King Jacuzzi Suite" at poolside. When we entered the room we were surprised by the size the room and the sliding door that opened onto the pool patio. By the way, the rooms are very well insulated. There were plenty of folks around the pool but once the sliding door was closed we heard nothing from outside and nothing from the other rooms. There was even a Jacuzzi tub, plus a shower in our bathroom, and the bed was very comfortable.
The front desk clerk said the hotel was built in the mid 80's, yet it was very clean and well maintained.
The hotel offers a free breakfast that was wonderful and just what we needed for our early morning start.

Room Tip: We received an "upgraded" King Jacuzzi Suite on the lower lever at "poolside", north side of the hotel. very nice indeed.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Robin E, General Manager at Best Western Plus Colony Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am so happy you had the opportunity to stay with us, and enjoyed your time here. I do hope that you will get the chance to stay with us again!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

The property is very well maintained. Very clean and modern. Great breakfast included. Free newspapers in the morning. The only downside is internet did not work in any of the rooms as their service could not handle a full hotel. Staff said it worked fine when the property was only half full. You had to go to the lobby to get connected. I liked the hotel. It was close to freeway and restaurants were just a short drive away.

Room Tip: Upstairs is quiet. Rooms close to pool can be noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Robin E, General Manager at Best Western Plus Colony Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We have a new internet service provider, so we reported the problem. They did some maintenance and it is now fixed. Thank you for informing us of this issue, and I am sorry for any inconvenience it caused you. I also apologize for the comment our team member said. The internet works well even if the hotel is full. I do hope that you will come back to see us again.

Kind Regards,