“Good price for area clean rooms nice staff”

Best Western Plus Colony Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Atascadero
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good price for area clean rooms nice staff”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Better than expected, close to Paso Robles with much more reasonable prices.
Nice included breakfast. Large pool area with tables umbrellas and chairs, great place to sit out in the afternoon and visit. Very nice staff.

1 Thank Lori S
Robin E, General Manager at Best Western Plus Colony Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments and for taking the time to express them. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay so much. We do hope that you can return to see us again. Happy Holidays to you and yours!!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Monterey Bay
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Upgraded to Executive King Room because I thought the room would be larger, it was but the room is really for handicap room. No place to sit except a corner chair and a desk. From the bed you can see the back of the microwave. Not happy with location either.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Robin E, General Manager at Best Western Plus Colony Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
We are so sorry you didn't like your upgrade and the location of our hotel.
We have several room types that are executive rooms and they are all different, but your room was the only room with a separating partition and ADA shower. I hope you give us an opportunity to serve you. Thank you for your comments, and we will consider them the next time we upgrade someone to that room.

Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spacious room, friendly employees, free wifi, nice location. Breakfast was very good with waffles, cold and hot cereal, eggs sausage, yogurt, donuts, etc.
Did not use the pool, jacuzzi or work out room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Robin E, General Manager at Best Western Plus Colony Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I am so thankful you took the time to comment on your stay with us. I am glad you were so pleased with our hotel. If there is anything that we can do better for you in the future, please let us know. We hope to see you again!

Costa Mesa, CA
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by this Best Western. I've had other good experiences at Best Westerns along the California coast before, and this hotels exceeded my expectations, as well. My room was modern, very large, and extremely clean. It's well located near the freeway and Paso Robles is also just a few miles away! I would definitely stay here again... hassle free, safe and comfortable! Great job to the staff that keeps this place so nice.

Room Tip: Ask for an oversized room!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Robin E, General Manager at Best Western Plus Colony Inn, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to comment on your stay with us! Your feedback is very much appreciated. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay so much! We do hope that you will return to visit us again in the near future.

Roma
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The staff was extremely kind. We received excellent chocolate cookies on our arrival. The room was huge and comfortable. Breakfast included the possibility of cooking waffles, which we really enjoyed. The location was perfect to visit Atascadero and Paso Robles. The nature and surroundings were impressive. I would definetely recommend this place to anyone visiting the region.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Robin E, General Manager at Best Western Plus Colony Inn, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated! We do hope that you will return to visit us again.

Cleveland
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is a good place, plain and simple; a reasonably-priced place to rest your head after a hard day(!) of wine tasting.
I paid $90 a night for two nights which - while more expensive than the Motel 6s in any given direction - is still a good deal.
This doesn't seem like a "budget" motel at all: There is a decent breakfast included, the rooms were comfortable, the A/C ran like a champ, and you have access to a very well-equipped fitness center next door...for free. For a workout freak like me, this was awesome. Also, the bedding was especially plush.
The service was great. When I checked in, I wasn't real impressed: I got two bottles of lotion but no shampoo. And there was a pretty big hair left by a previous guest on the tub sill. I called the front desk and told her about it - more that I needed shampoo - but did report my unwelcome "guest" in the bathtub.
Now, this is where this place becomes great: The desk clerk first offered to move me to a different room; when I declined, she sprinted to my room with a warm chocolate chip cookie, a bottle of water, and several bottles of shampoo. She offered to CLEAN the bathroom for me, but I declined. I did sheepishly show her the hair, to which she got wide-eyed, grabbed some toilet paper, swiped it up, and apologized again. I was really impressed.
Now, if all you are going to gather from this review that one hair made it past the cleaning staff, you are missing the point: accidents happen. But this woman - evening desk clerk with blonde hair and glasses - swooped in and made it right. Trust me: You are NOT going to get this kind of service at many hotels no matter what the price point is.
Kudos, Best Western Atascadero: I will see you on my next visit. You have definitely earned my hard-earned tourist dollars!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank kabbagehead
Reading your review brought a tear to my eye. I am so very pleased my staff was so courteous and helpul. I am very truly sorry for the inconveniences you did experience. Thank you so very much for taking the time to comment on your stay. Without your feedback, we wouldn't know how to make our guests experience superior!

We hope that you will visit us again in the very near furture.

Orange County, California
Reviewed August 23, 2012

If you're wanting to do a combination Santa Ynez wine country/Monterey coastal weekend, BW Colony Inn is a perfect stayover. As a "plus" BW property, The Colony Inn fulfills all the BW Plus criteria: quality beds/bed linens, high standard of cleanliness, well-appointed rooms with tasteful decor and attractive grounds (modest landscaping in this case but with beautiful native plants).
The staff was welcoming, friendly and helpful; a freshly baked cookie at check-in and as a platinum BW member we were given bottled water and a little bag of trail mix (a nice touch, especially for travelers on a road trip :) The entire property was very peaceful--even the pool and jacuzzi areas were mellow: in good use with several adults and one family but the general calm of the property seemed to carry over to the way guests behaved--laughter but quiet voices. Terrific hot and cold complimentary breakfast buffet (a good range of cereals, pastries, waffles, scrambled eggs and both bacon and sausage--I'm not a breakfast meat person myself but others seemed to really appreciate this--and juices, yogurts, etc). Instead of a small fitness room onsite, the Colony Inn offers guest passes to an outstanding gym next door: very short walk, convenient and easy, and its a full-range gym with great equipment (everything!) and an olympic-size pool. Our whole stay (late afternoon-mid-morning) was relaxed and almost like staying at a spa but for a very reasonable price: perfect way to catch up after wine tasting and we left refreshed and ready for our day in Monterey. Atascadero also has a small but interesting downtown and we had a fabulous dinner at Colby Jack restaurant in the historic Carleton Hotel. Lovely overall and I will be back!

Room Tip: If you're interested in using the hotel pool/patio area, you can/should get a downstairs room wi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Robin E, General Manager at Best Western Plus Colony Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
What a wonderful review! Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay. You have genuinely captured the essence of our hotel and staff. I will pass along your lovely comments to everyone. Thank you again, and we look forward to serving you in the future!

GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atascadero
SpringHill Suites Paso Robles Atascadero
The Oaks Hotel
The Oaks Hotel
#2 of 18 in Paso Robles
La Quinta Inn & Suites Paso Robles

Been to Best Western Plus Colony Inn? Share your experiences!