“Friendly Staff and Clean!”
Review of The Carlton Hotel

The Carlton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Atascadero
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by The Carlton Hotel, the accommodations were comfortable, clean, and quiet; three important factors when traveling on a budget.

At first we were a bit disappointed to see no jacuzzi or outside pool, but I'm sure that is what made the Carlton a quiet environment. The facility is not super huge and it appeared to be mainly couples visiting. We originally found this place on Hotels.com and were pleasantly surprised with the price. Our only gripe is that we were charged a $10 resort fee on top of the normal charge. I'm sure the resort fee has to do with the jacuzzi bathtubs in the room, which we found to be very refreshing and relaxing, but $10 really?

We would definitely stay here again and recommend it for couples that are looking for a quiet stay before heading out to Paso Robles for some good old wine tasting!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 18, 2012

We were in Atascadero for business and chose to stay at the Carlton Hotel. The room was wonderful, quiet and lovely. Very comfortable king size bed. We had one of the Vintage King rooms. The bathroom was very nice, I loved the whirlpool tub, what a treat! Lots of nice little touches that we did not expect such as nice little amenities in the room - gourmet one cup coffee maker and nice bathroom toiletries. There is a little bistro next door where we had dinner that was very nice too. Close to other central coast highlights such as the wine country and Cambria where we went the next day for pleasure. Regradless of it being a business trip the Carlton made our experience a pleasure. We will be back!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed in the Classic King room. Loved the deep jetted bathtub. Loved the luxurious bedding. Loved the soft robes. Loved the space of the room. I loved everything about it! I can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Wow - what a find. Thanks to all of you Trip Advisors out there, we decided to give this a try. What an amazing place. If we did not know we were not in Astascadero, I would have thought we were somewhere in Europe. Wonderful place, beautiful high-end rooms, comfy bed and a wonderful Bakery in the same building for breakfast. The breakfast can be hot or cold and great coffee. We would come again anytime and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2011

On our third visit to the Carlton, we found the staff to be friendly and very helpful, as always. The rooms are clean and well appointed, the decor is first class. The bathroom is particularly nice with a jacuzzi tub. We were on the third floor overlooking the courtyard, nice view, but still very quiet. We did not eat at the adjoining restaurant, Colby Jack's, but chose to grab a croissant at their bakery instead, it was very good. If you are looking for some old world charm, choose to stay at The Carlton, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Staying at The Carlton Hotel in Atascadero, CA was a real lucky find for us because the hotel more than met our expectations for a high quality, comfortable hotel filled with lots of amenities and very friendly and sincere service.

The room was large, clean and had a very comfortable king-sized bed with lots of plump pillows. The bathroom was large and complete with a deep whirlpool soaking tub and separate shower. Oh, and there's lots of plush, thick towels to use and that's really nice coming from the whirlpool tub and shower. They also offer a Keurig coffee server system in the room, which I thought was a nice touch but at the same time they offered 'Coffee-Mate' non-dairy creamer (ick) and should have offered half 'n half. By the way, they have a small workout room and it contains some nice equipment such as weights, exercise bike and treadmill.

All in all, we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and look forward to coming back for a return visit sometime soon. We will surely recommend this hotel to our friends and family as a terrific place to stay on the Central Coast in California.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I have to confess I was a little concerned when I saw the hotel was right by the freeway exit. But my first impressions were rapidly replaced by the pleasant desk staff. It was raining when I arrived and they offered to park my car so my luggage and I wouldn't get wet. My room was very spacious, clean and well-appointed. After a 3-1/2 hour drive, whirlpool bath was perfect solution for my aching muscles. The bed was so comfortable, I fell asleep almost immediately. Another bonus? The windows actually open so I could get fresh air. As others have mentioned, there's no restaurant in the hotel, but Fig is right around the corner, perfect for a casual dinner. Perfect place to stay for a visit to the wine country.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atascadero
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atascadero
#9 of 18 in Paso Robles
La Bellasera Hotel and Suites
La Bellasera Hotel and Suites
#8 of 18 in Paso Robles

Been to The Carlton Hotel? Share your experiences!