“Friendly staff and great food!”
Review of Dan's Grub Shack

Dan's Grub Shack
Ranked #14 of 90 Restaurants in Atascadero
Cuisines: American
Description: Awesome grub at a reasonable price. May be listed as Dan's the Grub Shack.
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Their menu features items you can't find elsewhere in the area (frog legs?) as well as a variety of more normal fare. I LOVE their Shannon's Chicken Salad which can be ordered with grilled chicken if fried isn't to your liking. Food is homey and cooked with care. Their staff is always inviting and friendly. Prices are in line with other similar restaurants in the area.

There are newer reviews for Dan's Grub Shack

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was impressed with the fish and chips the first visit, back around 6 months ago. I went back to have more of the same. I am not sure if they bought different supplies, or different quality, but it tasted rubbery....I was bummed...I figured I had found the best fish in chips in town, now I am not so sure...Other than that, the place is good, a bit small, but services is always friendly, and the bill is payable...

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Dans is a small local restaurant in the kmart shopping center. The food is delicious. If you like heat, order the bottle caps. Deep fried jalapeño slices served with ranch dressing. The hamburgers are the best you will get anywhere. The fries are always crisp and hot. There are also specialty sandwiches on the menu along with sides like Mac n cheese. If you are a frog leg fan this is your go to place. There is fish or calamari and chips, many salads, and a vegi sandwich.
We eat here regularly and have never been disappointed.

1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had the chicken club today. Wow! a perfect sandwich with everything in the perfect ratio. I mean the lettuce, tomato, sauce, bacon and a real nice piece of chicken make this sandwich wonderful It had been a while since I had been to Dan's and I think I better be coming back again soon. The service is prompt, polite, and unobtrusive. The place may just be a grub shack, but that is some mighty fine grub!

1  Thank CharleySays
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The first time we visited, they were out of the fried okra... but this time, they had it! I love fried okra. Would have been better pan fried rather the deep fried, which is how they serve it, but I was happy to get it nonetheless. The fish and chips were also good (the fish batter was very thin, and that was good). The staff (wife of the "Dan") is super-friendly, the place appears clean, and they had a few televisions with sports playing... a nice little place with good parking too. We will come again.