“Ok sushi bad service.”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Ok sushi bad service.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The food is ok, comparative to many other sushi places but the biggest issue we had was a lack of service. Our waters were empty we wanted something else and we just waited and waited and waited they weren't that busy and supposedly have this paging system but nobody responded. Better off driving 5 minutes south to Crazy Sushi Fever.

• Visited August 2013

San Diego
“Ambience, value and taste!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Kai-Lana has an eclectic vibe with the clientele as interesting as the waiters and plates. The service and presentation equals that of more expensive restaurants. My guests have loved the sushi and sashimi and I, who do not eat raw food, remain consistently delighted with the salmon, pork, chicken etc. We eat lunch there regularly from a value priced, broad-based menu. I plan on dinner there soon for a special occasion as the menu, while more expensive, looks good.

A newish place usually feels good to eat in; I hope these owners maintain the standards they started with - not easy to keep a restaurant this busy and open every day of the week sparkling clean, staff positive and the atmosphere fun. Please try, because we locals love this place.

• Visited July 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Very good”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great sushi; my children and I loved the food. The staff was friendly and it has great ambiance. Convenient to our hotel and the area wineries.

Visited July 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
“lunch is awesome and price is affordable”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

For $11.90. I got 6 pcs of salmon sashimi, beef teriyaki, 4 pcs of spicy tuna roll, miso soup, rice and salad. For this price, I get to try 3 dishes which I think is really great price for japanese food. Great service and food presentation is creative! It maybe just lunch for people but the chef here take pride of the food he's representing. The spiciness of my tuna roll is perfect for my palate, definitely has a little kick ...

Visited June 2013
Templeton, California
“Love it”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I am a big fan of this sushi restaurant, I have always liked eating here even with the changes in owners. We consistently have a great meal and the wait staff is always very friendly. I have been here by myself and with large groups and have always found the food to be fresh, well made/prepared and never any annoyed staff.

The $$$ is not over-priced and the specials are great deals.

We usually order the Alaskan roll and sashimi - both amazing if you love salmon.

Visited May 2013