“check it out”

Charles Paddock Zoo
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Atascadero
Reviewed June 7, 2012

great story behind this place... they are slowly rehabilitating the zoo, lots of plans to make it like s.b. children's zoo. neat setting. the lady that sits in the ticket office could smile once in a while.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I haven't been in a while, but the little zoo in Atascadero was definitely a fun part of my childhood. We went probably once a year for a while, and I always loved to see the tiger the most, and of course the bear named Sunny. One of my favorite parts also was being able to walk through the bird atrium and being right in there with the animals. I can't wait to take my kids there some day!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Very small, but perfect for the under-two set. The park next door has lots of places to picnic, a good playground, and a nice little man-made lake with ducks. At various times you can rent a paddleboat and paddle around the water.

If you are a local, you can buy a much less expensive membership for the zoo, and it has reciprocity with Santa Barbara Zoo - a large cost savings!

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Surprisingly good zoo for a small town. Very kid-friendly, with a park just outside the front gate.

1  Thank ken r
Reviewed February 2, 2012

My family and I just visited this charming little zoo. It was perfect for our 2 year old grandson. He was free, and the adult tickets were only $5 each! Then right next to the zoo is Atascadero Lake and Park, which is very well equipped with a children's playground. From there, we walked over to the War Memorial which is a wonderful tribute to all our armed services with information about WWI, WWII, Korea, Viet Nam, The Cold War, the Guld War and War against Terrorism. Exceptionally well done.

1  Thank BrentW441