“Fantastic digs”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atascadero
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Atascadero
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Super nice staff. My room was clean, comfy and quiet. No complaints, just a big ol thumbs up.
Plenty of workspace and outlets if you're here for work, and many comfy lounging spots if you're here to relax.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Ifurita

Reviewed September 5, 2011

The room was clean and fine but unfortunately, I had one of the worst experiences I have ever had in a hotel. After using the pool, we ( a family of 5) moved to the spa for a couple of minutes. After a minute or so, my 3 year-old went outside the hot pool and when he stood up I noticed a plastic in his foot. He took the plastic out of his foot and I gave a big scream when I noticed it was a used CONDOM. Obviously, we got all paranoid and wash my child's foot and hand about a thousand times. I reported this to the front desk. The next morning the condom was still there and saw when a person went inside to remove it. I mentioned this at the check-out time and the front-desk person told me that he had been informed (I think he was the manager) that the thing had been removed the previous day, that somebody had talked to me, and that the thing was actually a balloon. The three things were not true: it was not removed the previous day, nobody contacted me, and that was not a balloon (sure, a transparent balloon with a 2-inch ring).

I am still traumatized by the experience. This event overrides any positive experience we might have had in this hotel. I will never go back there.

1  Thank Jose R
jfoote-sohi, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atascadero, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2011

Dear Sir,

We apologize for your experience and what you believe you saw at Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Atascadero. As discussed with you while still on property, it was not a condom but a balloon. Do to the severity of your claim, our Assistant Housekeeping Manager was sent instead of one of our Houseman to the pool area immediately. He was thankful to realize and report that it was only a balloon and not a condom. He has no reason to lie about what he finds in public areas as he has no control over those findings. Therefore, I have no reason to question what he reports. The hotel was sold out and filled with families over your stay. Our pool area was packed with families in the near 100 degree weather. If an offensive item such as a condom was not dealt with immediately and left for 24 hours, surely it would have been reported by other guests.

Again, I truly apologize for what you believe you experienced at my hotel. We are a stellar hotel with excellent guest comments. In our 3 years of operation, we have been the #1 Holiday Inn Express in our region for the past two years in a row. Our region encompasses 60-70 hotels in Central and Southern California. My hotel has received TripAdvisor.com’s esteemed Certificate of Excellence 2 years in a row as well. Accolades like these are only attained with a serious dedication to hospitality and guest satisfaction which myself and my staff are continually committed to.

If you would like to discuss the matter further, I am always available to our guests. Please contact me at the hotel directly: 805.462.0200 x 401.

Amar Sohi

Reviewed August 19, 2011

This hotel was very nice. The rooms were quiet & clean and the beds were large. Nice big bathrooms. The staff was excellent!!!! The breakfast was delicious.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Cheli the breakfast supervisor was wonderful. When she worked on August 14 and 16, She made sure that there was a full breakfast for everyone, not just the people who showed up when it opened. She was also very conscientious of making sure everything was very clean. She was non stop working to make sure there was a variety of food for everyone.

My family and I had a great time and loved the pool. We also loved that the pool area had a covered area. We could go outside and enjoy the warm weather without having the sun beating down on us. We also enjoyed getting some food from the grocery store and having lunch down by the poot.

The front desk staff was very helpful. They were very helpful for helping us find a place to eat each night to accomodate our family and when we had other family member in town for a wedding. They were also great about finding us a church to attend on Sunday morning and made sure we had a map to find it and what time it started.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed here while on route to SF from LA, and the hotel was probably the best 3 star hotel we've stayed at. The rooms are completely redone with very nice finishes (comparable to some 3.5-4 star hotels). The swimming pool and jacuzzi wasn't large, but we had it all to ourselves (heated) which was extra nice. Lastly, the complimentary breakfast was great! We made our own pancakes. And they even had biscuits, gravy, and sausages along with fruit, hot & cold eggs, yogurt, and all the different drinks.
A great start to any vacation or a vacation in itself as it's very close to Paso Robles.

Room Tip: Stay in rooms facing the pool side, away from the highway.
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights and found the staff (counter and cleaning) to be very well trained and good at their jobs. I had a king suite with LCD TV and the room was very large. The hotel is right beside the 101 and in general, is very clean and their breakfast was good. I always, when checking out, wait to see if they ask how my stay was and if there would be anything they could do to make things better. Well ... they passed. Most dont.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Stayed at this hotel in July while attending the mid state fair in Paso Robles. The front desk staff was very nice. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Nice bathrooms with granite on the counter and in the shower. Plenty of storage space (especially for 2 girls with alot of bathroom
products) with recessed shelves next to sink, and 2 large shelves in the shower. Room had a frig which was a decent size. We also had a flat panel TV.
Good location with easy access to highway. Our room was on the highway side and was pretty quiet. Plenty of parking available. Nice lobby/breakfast area with flat panel TV and nice couches and chairs.

• Stayed: July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atascadero
5 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Paso Robles
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#11 of 18 in Paso Robles

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atascadero? Share your experiences!