“Management needs to kick out obnoxious guests”

Days Inn & Suites Artesia
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Artesia
Reviewed January 15, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The rooms were a bit dated but very clean! The location was interesting, located in a strip mall with a large parking lot in back. There are restaurants, banks and shops within walking distance. We only stayed one night on our way through L.A. but it was definitely a good value for the standard room. I would stay again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The hotel is located in a strip mall, kind of weird but worked out just fine. It's just off the 91 fwy and about 15 minutes from Disneyland.

I booked a standard room and was upgraded to a bigger room with a couch and table. The room was clean but very out dated.

A big plus was the Time Warner Cable with On Demand, lots of good TV viewing.

It's located in the Indian area of Artesia with lots of restaurants to choose from. If you're not so adventures the Cerritos Mall and Cerritos Town Center are nearby with lots of restaurants.

If you're looking to save a little money this hotel should work for you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 21, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnartesia, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Artesia, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Reviewed December 1, 2012

As always, everything was great. The location is half-way between my sister's and parent's place. Also close to Knott's and Disneyland. The staff is great at providing a comfortable stay. I appreciate the security guard at night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Nice average hotel. Location was good near little India. Young kids at front desks are real friendly and helpful. But I find general manager to be real rude and not friendly. Think his name was Haroon. I dont think he likes to have desi customers cause he was real friendly with other customers. We did not feel welcomed there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Reserved a room for Saturday night, frontdesk was nice at time of check-in. My daughter and I took our bags to the room, all was good. We decided to get dinner and watch a movie at a local theater. Movie ended around 12am, upon returning to the Hotel, things got bad. We walk into the room and find BUGS on the Walls, Fridge, Microwave, Bathroom!! We immediately grab our stuff and leave, luckly we did not unpack anything.
Looked like small COCKROACHES or second to third stage BED BUGS. Front desk refused
a full refund because I paid CASH! I was told I would need to come back in the morning and talk with the General Manager. I told the front desk person that this was unexceptable and offered to show him the BUGS! HE SENT THE SECURITY GUARD TO CHECK THE ROOM AND SAID "IF HE FINDS BUGS, I'LL GIVE YOU A FULL REFUND". The Security Guard calls the front desk and says there are no BUGS. I then go to the room and show the Security Guard all the BUGS. Security Guard then follows me back down to the front desk and speaks to him in a different language and the front desk person says, "Sorry no refund". EVEN AFTER I PROVE THERE ARE BUGS ALL OVER THE ROOM! I did get a call the next morning from the General Manager stating to come get a full refund. I will be contacting the local Health Department, regardless of the full refund. As a traveler I rely on websites like TripAdvisor before booking a room at a hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid Hotel at all costs!