“Nice room, but bring earplugs!”

Artesia Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Artesia
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Nice room, but bring earplugs!”
Reviewed February 9, 2009

Stayed a single night while en route from AZ to NorCal. Check-in was swift, albeit formal and not overly informative. Requested a quiet room, away from the freeway, and was placed on the second floor (there are 3 floors).

Lots of parking. Elevator(s) available. Room was easy to spot from the parking lot.

Nice decor, 3-4 pillows on each bed, nice bedding. Really nice for a Quality Inn! Everything was clean and worked well. No fridge, but coffee maker and TV with long channel line-up.

Shower head was a 5' so a little low when you're a tall guy. Good water pressure.

Unfortunately, a group of rowdy guests congregated in the parking lot below my room around 9 pm and had loud conversations. I eventually had to call the front desk twice to ask them to move this party indoors and the clerk wasn't overly forthcoming. Offered me to switch rooms (how practical is that when it's others that make noise and it's almost bedtime?) I wasn't impressed with their way of handling that incident, but the group eventually quieted down.

There was another floor on top and of course that room was occupied by someone with kids - who liked to run back and forth. Not much to do about that but wear ear plugs which I fortunately had brought. If you don't have such, ask for a 3rd floor room.

Breakfast was the standard Choice fare, less the waffle maker. Juices were bad, but the food was fine.

All in all the stay was satisfactory considering the rate of $62 per night with AAA. Only wished for a nicer, more dedicated staff.

• Liked — Dennys, gas stations nearby. Easy freeway off/on ramp.
  • Disliked — The staff who didn't seem to care much about customer satisfaction.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank propete

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
hiker411
Reviewed November 15, 2007

I want to first say that the front desk clerk went the extra mile for me & my family. I was on a business trip with my family in California and stopped at this hotel as it was near my clients business. I left my credit card at a food establishment prior to checking into this hotel and the clerk took the initiative and called 411 to get the food establishments number and she even called a taxi to take me back to get my credit card. In the mean time she allowed my wife and kids to stay in a room while I got my card. Great service and trust!! I am diffinately coming back!!!

• Liked — Great Staff
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
quebec
Reviewed November 7, 2007

Had my concerns staying at this hotel!! However, I was VERY suprised to be acknowledged upon cheking into the hotel. When I checked into what appeared to be a NEWLY renovated room the front desk called to me to asked if everything was okay with my accommodations. WOW!!! Then upon waking up and going to the breakfast room which also appeared to be NEWLY renovated, the continental breakfast was more then what I expected. Once again, I was plesantly suprised with this hotel.

• Liked — Service and product
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank HenryRaposa
San Diego, CA
Reviewed June 19, 2006

We stayed one night at the Quality Inn due to its close proximity to a wedding reception we were attending. We had a king n/s room on the 2nd floor and received a discounted rate by showing our AAA card. The room was adequate, nothing special. The television's volume control was awful- one channel would be barely audible, the next would be blaring loud- very irritating when you're trying to find something to watch. The breakfast was OK- basic continental breakfast available from 6:30-9:00 AM. The hotel is literally right next to the 91 fwy, so it can be a little loud, but it's a decent value if you're on a budget.

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank jlls

Travelers are raving about these Artesia hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Artesia
Days Inn & Suites Artesia
Best Host Inn
Best Host Inn
#1 of 18 in Buena Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites NE Long Beach/Cypress
La Quinta Inn & Suites NE Long B...
#1 of 1 in Hawaiian Gardens
La Quinta Inn & Suites Buena Park

Been to Artesia Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!