“It passed my test”
Review of La Tavolata - CLOSED

La Tavolata
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed October 18, 2016

Any time I try a different Italian restaurant I order the lasagna. If it is good, that place is on my list of favorites. La Tavolata passed the test. I only wish I lived in the area to be able to return.

There were 6 of us ordering Bruschetta and garlic bread for the appetizer....both very good.

We also had orders of Vodka Sauce, Carbonara, Fettuccine Alfredo and, of course, Lasagna. All dishes were very good.

The restaurant also has a reasonable beer and wine selection.

And....cannot forget the service....like the food, wonderful.

Reviewed September 30, 2016 via mobile

This little Italian restaurant is so good!! The food is delicious very authentic, the service is also very good our server was very attentive. If you're on the mood for some good Italian food I highly recommend this restaurant!!

Reviewed September 20, 2016 via mobile

My wife remembered the former location of this Italian trattoria from a prior business trip years ago and insisted we try the current location. Her memory was served well, as we had a great meal here. The space is small, but we were seated immediately (got the last table).

Our server was wonderful. We each had a chicken dish and were very happy with our choices. The red sauce was tangy and rich on the accompanying pasta. The house red wine was an excellent compliment. The owner checked in on us, which was a nice touch.

I would definitely recommend stopping here.

Reviewed August 5, 2016

I've been to La Tavolata twice, both times while in the area on business. It's a small, cozy very inviting place. The fresh pasta is outstanding and, astonishingly, most pasta entrees are around $15. The salads are fresh and large and when we were discussing sharing a salad, the server offered to split it for us. I've had the spaghetti with the rich, hearty Bolognese sauce and a spaghetti with meatballs special (I adore good meatballs) and would happily have both again. As other reviews have mentioned, the toasted buttery garlic bread and the toasted bread with tomatoes and cheese are both killer. Service is warm and friendly and staff genuinely seem happy to be there. You can see cooks working the stove and preparing the plates towards the back of the restaurant. It does get crowded so go early or make a reservation.

Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

The place is cozy and they make you feel right at home. The owner is always welcoming and nice. The food is excellent. Fresh ingredients and you can taste the Italian authenticity of the dishes. The homemade tiramisu is always something to look forward to. Overall, amazing experience. Highly recommended.