“Beef noodles” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian, Taiwanese
Buena Park, California
“Beef noodles”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

My family and I have been eating here for years (the current location as well as the previous one at Norwalk). They used to accept only cash, but now the restaurant takes credit card with a minimum purchase (of $15 I think). Our favorites include sea bass with scallion, garlic, and bean paste (the sea bass is so buttery and tender and market priced), beef noodles (spicy and so good, even better than the restaurants in Taiwan), ants up a tree (rice noodles with ground meat and spices), Taiwanese shaved ice with 4 toppings (just $4.25, unlike the shaved ice at Guppy with 1 topping that costs more than three times as much!), and slushies (our favorites are fresh taro and fresh peanut, not made from artificial flavors; includes boba if you want).

Normally this restaurants gets 5 stars, but I went on Thanksgiving and service was slower than usual (all the Taiwanese eating out rather than making a turkey). Also, I ordered an entree not on the menu, satay lamb with water convolvulus (Chinese spinach). I thought that since I enjoy lamb and convolvulus, why not combine the two? The cut of lamb they used was very fatty; I end up having to split out 1/3 of the lamb since I cannot chew up and swallow the fat! So 4 stars for this visit rather than the usual 5.

The restaurant also has lunch specials M-F, not including holidays.

• Visited November 2012