“Quality Isn't There Any Longer”

Gina's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 78 Restaurants in Arroyo Grande
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Arroyo Grande, California
“Quality Isn't There Any Longer”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We used to enjoy dinners at Gina's in downtown Arroyo Grande, but recently (last year) the quality of the food has become very mediocre. We won't be going back after two consecutive disappointing dinners. The food tasted like something that was frozen and warmed in the microwave. It's a shame because this used to be a great restaurant.

• Visited March 2014

Arroyo Grande, California, United States
“Good Italian Food”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

In recent years we have found Gina's to be a reliable source of Italian food with reasonable prices. My only negative would be a lack of "character", so many restaurants in our area are just food factories, they take you order, bring your food, and bring your check. But no pizzazz, no sense of being welcomed, no special "aura".

Rosa's Italian in Pismo Beach used to have this extra feeling, in part because the owner would be on hand to greet customers and roam around ready to schmooze. But the poor chap died and I don't know what's it like now.

• Visited January 2014
“Excellent food!!!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I used to come here regularly but I realized yesterday we hadn't been in a couple of years, so we dropped in for dinner. Why did we stop dining here?!? The chicken soltimbocca was phenomenal!! The salmon Kyle was melt in your mouth. The lentil soup was very flavorful. They have made decorating changes inside and out which are very nice. My only issue was the service was a Tad slow, but maybe they weren't planning on a full house on a Wednesday night. I loved seeing the ace so busy and we definitely dine here more frequently. Support local restaurants!!

Arroyo Grande, California
“Not perfect (yet)”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have eaten here a couple of times in the last month. The service good, professional and non-intrusive. Wine selection is good, although I'd love to see the prices trimmed a bit. The food is good, not great with reasonable pricing. Nothing on the menu I have had jumps out at me so far as a dish I must reurn to have again, a a very pleasant experience.

Visited March 2014
Oceanside, California
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Great food--love the homemade ravioli. Reasonable prices. Excellent service, even during busy time...............................

Visited February 2014