“Incredible Eclairs”

Add it.
Eclair Bakery
Ranked #2 of 5 Bakeries in Arroyo Grande
Reviewed February 10, 2011

My husband LOVES eclairs and is very particular about them. He's almost given up trying them when we see them someplace; they just aren't good at all. The filling needs to be just right, etc.

I am a gourmet cook and he's liked mine, UNTIL he had an eclair at this bakery several years ago. Now he tried to be gracious and appreciative about mine, but the message that Eclair Bakery's are THE best, is evident!

We stopped at this bakery several years ago when Jeremy was the new owner; we were antiquing in Arroyo Grande. My husband has been hooked on the eclairs ever since and when we come back to the area (usually every year), we MUST come to Eclair Bakery several times during our week-long stay (we usually stay about 20 minutes away in SLO). We've enjoyed visiting w/Jeremy over the years, and on our most recent visit, there was another very pleasant young man, equally pleasant and friendly, waiting on people. As stated, we were there several times on our most recent visit and there were always people coming and going from the bakery.

I've not given it 4 "stars" - as I've not found anything that is just right for me. Other people that I've seen while there are very pleased with the other items, also.

Regarding questions below - "scenic view" - it is on the main street of an old "down town" so fun - but . . don't know that I'd classify it as a scenic view -

Romantic - depends on what you'd like - "no" in general, but . . romantic "yes" if you're enjoying the person you're with and enjoy sitting outside w/a bakery item and visiting.

1  Thank LoveGetAways70

Reviewed November 20, 2010

I have ordered cakes from various bakeries for special occasions all over the coast from L.A. to San Francisco. None of them can compare with the quality, service, and reasonable price that our local Eclair Bakery has to offer. They willingly created a cake flavor that I requested even though it was not one of their regular cake types. The quality of the cake was outstanding. Great care was taken to decorate the cake as per my request which delighted the guests at the occasion. This is the finest bakery.

1  Thank mssuz
Reviewed June 6, 2009

This place is a jewel! If you are in the area, stop in here for a great breakfast treat and the Illy coffee, or stop in for a great sweet snack! The place has a great retro vibe...