“Chocolate dipped cupcake...”

Ranked #2 of 5 Bakeries in Arroyo Grande
Arroyo Grande, California
“Chocolate dipped cupcake...”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I could definitely blame this place for the extra pounds I've put on over the last several months. The owner, Jeremy, is professionally trained and, why he opened in the Arroyo Grande Village, I'll never know. All I can say is that I'm glad he did!

Visited April 2012

Boulder City, Nevada
“Chocolate Dipped Dreams”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Each time we visit the Central Coast we make a point to go to the Eclair Bakery in the heart of the Arroyo Grande Village. My favorite (and subject of many dreams) is the chocolate dipped cupcakes with whipped cream filling. Several flavors of unique cupcakes as well as breads, cinnamon rolls and cookies are also available. Everything we have tried is delicious. Park in the Public Parking area just two doors down, get your cupcake and eat it inside or out then take a walk through this charming village. You will not be dissappointed.

• Visited March 2012
West Yellowstone, Montana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Blah”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Pecan bar was AWFUL, cloyingly sweet (and I was expecting it to be sweet like pecan pie), bad texture, we threw it away.
Cherry turnover - OK fruit, not good pastry. Safeway does better.
Hello? You can't even do a turnover?
Why bother to offer a pastry shop?

Visited February 2012
Fresno, California
“Incredible Eclairs”
Reviewed February 10, 2011

My husband LOVES eclairs and is very particular about them. He's almost given up trying them when we see them someplace; they just aren't good at all. The filling needs to be just right, etc.

I am a gourmet cook and he's liked mine, UNTIL he had an eclair at this bakery several years ago. Now he tried to be gracious and appreciative about mine, but the message that Eclair Bakery's are THE best, is evident!

We stopped at this bakery several years ago when Jeremy was the new owner; we were antiquing in Arroyo Grande. My husband has been hooked on the eclairs ever since and when we come back to the area (usually every year), we MUST come to Eclair Bakery several times during our week-long stay (we usually stay about 20 minutes away in SLO). We've enjoyed visiting w/Jeremy over the years, and on our most recent visit, there was another very pleasant young man, equally pleasant and friendly, waiting on people. As stated, we were there several times on our most recent visit and there were always people coming and going from the bakery.

I've not given it 4 "stars" - as I've not found anything that is just right for me. Other people that I've seen while there are very pleased with the other items, also.

Regarding questions below - "scenic view" - it is on the main street of an old "down town" so fun - but . . don't know that I'd classify it as a scenic view -

Romantic - depends on what you'd like - "no" in general, but . . romantic "yes" if you're enjoying the person you're with and enjoy sitting outside w/a bakery item and visiting.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank LoveGetAways70
Arroyo Grande, California
“The Best!”
Reviewed November 20, 2010

I have ordered cakes from various bakeries for special occasions all over the coast from L.A. to San Francisco. None of them can compare with the quality, service, and reasonable price that our local Eclair Bakery has to offer. They willingly created a cake flavor that I requested even though it was not one of their regular cake types. The quality of the cake was outstanding. Great care was taken to decorate the cake as per my request which delighted the guests at the occasion. This is the finest bakery.

1 Thank mssuz