“Excellent value - Would definitely stay again”
Review of Aloha Inn

Aloha Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Arroyo Grande
Reviewed August 3, 2010

After reading some of the other reviews, I was very hesitant about our stay. My husband and I checked in with an open mind and a kind of "glass half full" attitude and were greatly rewarded! What more could you ask for of a room for under $60. The room was very clean and staff were very helpful. There were no aparent issues others found fault with. I would suggest you take your own pillow if you are picky about your pillows/sleeping.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 22, 2010

I always try to find the good in everything and while this place has some positive things...like location, price, pool....the negatives out weigh them by far. I arrived early 11:30am and they checked me in with no problem...so I appreciated that. So off I went up to Room 210. When I walked in the Room smelled like smoke....no big deal...I have close family that smokes and I am use to it. I hooked up my laptop and the wireless internet works great...infact...I am writing this review from my room at the Aloha Inn. As I sit at the Table I notice there is a gap between the fram and door...so you can basically see right through which of course bugs can crawl into the room. (See Picture) Then I noticed the coffee maker with the complimentary coffee.......if you drink it black because there are no cream and sugars provided. I guess the worst part was the shower. There was black mold around the the bottom of the shower (see picture). This is definetly a health hazzard. People get very ill from black mold. Overall, I will not stay here again...yea the price was right at around $70, but I would rather pay a little more to ensure a clean and safe place. Just up the road is a Holiday Inn and Best Western.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank LoveGoodWine
Reviewed July 13, 2010

When a weekend rate on the Central Coast is usually over $200, I returned back to San Luis Obispo county to visit the fam, and was able to get a rate of $74 for Friday night, which is phenomenal. I was expecting the worst, but was surprised. A clean, king room with a sliding-door and deck, right next to the 101, yet not terribly noisy. A pool, free continental breakfast, free wi-fi. I don't know what everyone else is complaining about...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank coopschu
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I was really disappointed by this motel. On the plus side, the location was convenient for lots of activities. However, it's all downhill from there. For the money, I found the room really shabby and unappealing. Large stain on the carpet, carpet frayed at doorways, shower curtain old and stained. This is a worn out unimproved property, not worth $150 per night.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Our group of four showed up at midnight on a holiday weekend and they got us a clean room at a great price and they were very friendly. They also had a complimentary continental breakfast- coffee, juice, pastries and cereal. I was SUPER impressed for the price.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank number1TravelBug
Reviewed February 13, 2010

Arrived at this motel with low expectations although unlike the above visitor we were charged $89.00 with a AAA discount. As reported, the place was a dump and still continues to be a dump but worse was the attitude of management. We were given a room on the second floor and we said we would have difficulty bringing up our luggage the steep steps as my husband is 76 years old and I am 70. We were told that they couldn't help us and we should have asked for a first floor room when we made our reservations. I asked for our money back.
You always get what you pay for room wise but kind service is priceless.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank babashan
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I don’t understand why there are so many bad reviews! I used to live in the area and recently returned to visit. This hotel was previously an Econo Lodge and pretty much a dump, but I was strapped for cash so I was going to stay anyways. But I was SO pleasantly surprised when I saw how great the facility was looking now. Everything was new and clean and to be honest I didn’t think I could afford it. But 50 bucks was all I had to pay for a big room with a king size bed. I was so happy! Motel 6 doesn’t even have prices that low. This is a great deal! I would definitely recommend it and to be honest I can’t wait to go back. Totally would recommend it to someone and have.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 mi away
Oxford Suites Pismo Beach
Oxford Suites Pismo Beach
#11 of 29 in Pismo Beach

Been to Aloha Inn? Share your experiences!