“Comfortable, clean, low-key stay!”
Review of Aloha Inn

Aloha Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Arroyo Grande
Reviewed July 13, 2010

When a weekend rate on the Central Coast is usually over $200, I returned back to San Luis Obispo county to visit the fam, and was able to get a rate of $74 for Friday night, which is phenomenal. I was expecting the worst, but was surprised. A clean, king room with a sliding-door and deck, right next to the 101, yet not terribly noisy. A pool, free continental breakfast, free wi-fi. I don't know what everyone else is complaining about...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank coopschu

Reviewed June 28, 2010

I was really disappointed by this motel. On the plus side, the location was convenient for lots of activities. However, it's all downhill from there. For the money, I found the room really shabby and unappealing. Large stain on the carpet, carpet frayed at doorways, shower curtain old and stained. This is a worn out unimproved property, not worth $150 per night.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Our group of four showed up at midnight on a holiday weekend and they got us a clean room at a great price and they were very friendly. They also had a complimentary continental breakfast- coffee, juice, pastries and cereal. I was SUPER impressed for the price.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank number1TravelBug
Reviewed February 13, 2010

Arrived at this motel with low expectations although unlike the above visitor we were charged $89.00 with a AAA discount. As reported, the place was a dump and still continues to be a dump but worse was the attitude of management. We were given a room on the second floor and we said we would have difficulty bringing up our luggage the steep steps as my husband is 76 years old and I am 70. We were told that they couldn't help us and we should have asked for a first floor room when we made our reservations. I asked for our money back.
You always get what you pay for room wise but kind service is priceless.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank babashan
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I don’t understand why there are so many bad reviews! I used to live in the area and recently returned to visit. This hotel was previously an Econo Lodge and pretty much a dump, but I was strapped for cash so I was going to stay anyways. But I was SO pleasantly surprised when I saw how great the facility was looking now. Everything was new and clean and to be honest I didn’t think I could afford it. But 50 bucks was all I had to pay for a big room with a king size bed. I was so happy! Motel 6 doesn’t even have prices that low. This is a great deal! I would definitely recommend it and to be honest I can’t wait to go back. Totally would recommend it to someone and have.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2009

My wife and I stayed at Aloha Inn the first and second night of a weeklong trip on California's Central Coast. The Hotel is very nice: clean, large rooms, swimming pool all the stuff you'd expect, with what we found to be very reasonable rates.

Hotel highlights include room layout and the breakfast. Our room had a king-size bed, two chairs, a desk, TV, & etc, but still seemed quite large. The bathroom was not one of those tiny hotel bathrooms you sometimes see, and there was a separate sink & mirror outside of the bathroom. The hotel offered a great conntiental breakfast.

The hotel's location could be viewed as a plus or a minus, depending on your desires. It is located just off of HWY 101 so the hotel provides an easy spot to find and is in a quiet neighborhood.

As a side note, we enjoyed visiting the Aloha Inn and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2009

We purchased this through priceline, stayed two nights and if we would not have prepaid we would have been out of there and looking for something else! It was rated a 1 star, but that is a real stretch! They say there's a "continental breakfast", don't plan on it. Both mornings there was no food, a 1/2 empty cereal container, no milk and a bunch of angry people. Beds were rock hard, you will wake up sore. Room overlooked the noisy 101 freeway. Overflowing trash cans, rude staff, no plug for bathtub, coffee maker was full of moldy grounds left over from another guest, shower curtain rod was a rusted out piece of something that wouldn't even stay on the wall. And we paid $120/night for this with taxes!!! Unbelievable...we got TAKEN! We've had other great hotel experiences in this area...this was was horrible. We would have had a lot more comfortable stay in a Motel 6 and paid a lot less.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
#5 of 5 in Arroyo Grande
Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Pismo Beach
#13 of 29 in Pismo Beach

Been to Aloha Inn? Share your experiences!