“Friendly, Clean, Fairly Priced”
Review of Aloha Inn

Aloha Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Arroyo Grande
San Diego, California
“Friendly, Clean, Fairly Priced”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Our group of four showed up at midnight on a holiday weekend and they got us a clean room at a great price and they were very friendly. They also had a complimentary continental breakfast- coffee, juice, pastries and cereal. I was SUPER impressed for the price.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank number1TravelBug

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
nyc
Reviewed February 13, 2010

Arrived at this motel with low expectations although unlike the above visitor we were charged $89.00 with a AAA discount. As reported, the place was a dump and still continues to be a dump but worse was the attitude of management. We were given a room on the second floor and we said we would have difficulty bringing up our luggage the steep steps as my husband is 76 years old and I am 70. We were told that they couldn't help us and we should have asked for a first floor room when we made our reservations. I asked for our money back.
You always get what you pay for room wise but kind service is priceless.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank babashan

Travelers are raving about these Arroyo Grande hotels

LBF4684
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I don’t understand why there are so many bad reviews! I used to live in the area and recently returned to visit. This hotel was previously an Econo Lodge and pretty much a dump, but I was strapped for cash so I was going to stay anyways. But I was SO pleasantly surprised when I saw how great the facility was looking now. Everything was new and clean and to be honest I didn’t think I could afford it. But 50 bucks was all I had to pay for a big room with a king size bed. I was so happy! Motel 6 doesn’t even have prices that low. This is a great deal! I would definitely recommend it and to be honest I can’t wait to go back. Totally would recommend it to someone and have.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Fullerton
Reviewed August 17, 2009

My wife and I stayed at Aloha Inn the first and second night of a weeklong trip on California's Central Coast. The Hotel is very nice: clean, large rooms, swimming pool all the stuff you'd expect, with what we found to be very reasonable rates.

Hotel highlights include room layout and the breakfast. Our room had a king-size bed, two chairs, a desk, TV, & etc, but still seemed quite large. The bathroom was not one of those tiny hotel bathrooms you sometimes see, and there was a separate sink & mirror outside of the bathroom. The hotel offered a great conntiental breakfast.

The hotel's location could be viewed as a plus or a minus, depending on your desires. It is located just off of HWY 101 so the hotel provides an easy spot to find and is in a quiet neighborhood.

As a side note, we enjoyed visiting the Aloha Inn and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Northern CA
Reviewed August 3, 2009

We purchased this through priceline, stayed two nights and if we would not have prepaid we would have been out of there and looking for something else! It was rated a 1 star, but that is a real stretch! They say there's a "continental breakfast", don't plan on it. Both mornings there was no food, a 1/2 empty cereal container, no milk and a bunch of angry people. Beds were rock hard, you will wake up sore. Room overlooked the noisy 101 freeway. Overflowing trash cans, rude staff, no plug for bathtub, coffee maker was full of moldy grounds left over from another guest, shower curtain rod was a rusted out piece of something that wouldn't even stay on the wall. And we paid $120/night for this with taxes!!! Unbelievable...we got TAKEN! We've had other great hotel experiences in this area...this was was horrible. We would have had a lot more comfortable stay in a Motel 6 and paid a lot less.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank AMurray98
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I made reservations on June 12th (to stay only one night,) in the afternoon, we decided a few hours later to cancel and was told their cancellation policy was 48hrs. We were told that my card would be charged anyway because it was an electronic transaction. I NEVER received a cancellation number, because they would not let me cancel the room. Professionally and legally they cannot do that, you must be told in advance, if you plan to cancel a reservation. I would NOT RECOMMEND staying at this hotel, since they are crooks.
I'm glad I didn't stay here.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FUNCATION
Ventura
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Nice hotel, good value, staff was very friendly and helpful. Nice-sized rooms, TV with HBO, all the amenties and breakfast too. We had a pleasant surprise when we rolled into Pismo Beach as there were Factory Outlet shops very close to the hotel. the Breakfast supplied with the room rate was pretty good, though there was inadequate indoor seating.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach-Pismo Beach Area
The Inn at the Cove
The Inn at the Cove
#1 of 29 in Pismo Beach

Been to Aloha Inn? Share your experiences!