This was our second worst hotel experience ever. The first warning sign was when their records showed that we were checking out a day earlier than we had requested. I'm not sure how that gets screwed up on an internet booking system but, luckily, it was an easy fix. Though the rooms were clean the exterior is looking run down. Spare toilets stored in the open under the stairway. Stacks of undelivered phone books also under another stairway (no phone books available in the rooms). The continental breakfast is a joke - bad coffee, stale danishes and some cereal.
On our second night we returned after a full day with the family. Our room had been serviced but my wife discovered (after her shower) that they had neglected our fresh towels. I called the front desk to have some delivered. I was told they were all in the dryer and they would bring them in a half-hour. Never received them. I had to get them from the front desk the next morning. As I approached the desk I could see the note taken from the previous evening - "room 215 needs towels".
On our last night I was awoken at 12 midnight. The alarm clock in the next room was going off. I called the front desk. No answer. I tried to cover my head with a pillow. No good. After calling the desk for 30 minutes I finally got someone to answer the phone. I explained the situation and asked that someone come out and turn off the alarm. The response was "Now?!" Yes, now. I'm trying to sleep. He agreed to attend to the problem. After a half hour with no action being taken I called the front desk again. I let the phone ring for a full minute. Someone picked up and immediately hung up. Called again. Someone picked up again. This time I got him to respond. He actually lied to me, telling me that he came out to fix the problem but there was no alarm going off all while I can still hear the alarm buzzing through my head.
This time I told him I would meet him outside my door. The alarm could be heard from the far end of the corridor. He entered the room and turned off the alarm. Thank God. I returned to bed dreading my early morning flight.15 minutes later I was almost asleep when the alarm went off again. He had his the Snooze Button!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests of the Aloha Inn are invited to enjoy many amenities, including a complimentary continental breakfast, free local calls and in-room coffee. Relax and enjoy the warm summer sun and cool ocean breezes by our seasonal outdoor pool.Business travelers will appreciate modern conveniences like free wireless high-speed Internet access in all guest rooms and access to fax services.The Aloha Inn features comfortably furnished, spacious guest rooms equipped with patios or balconies, refrigerators, microwaves, irons, ironing boards, hair dryers and cable television. In addition to standard rooms, handicap accessible and non-smoking rooms are available.From the friendly customer service to the tranquil accommodations, you’re reminded in every detail that the essence of aloha lives here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aloha Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloha Hotel Arroyo Grande
- Aloha Motel Arroyo Grande