“Great room great service”
Review of Aloha Inn

Aloha Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Arroyo Grande
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My friend and I stayed for one night here mainly to visit the beach. The room was exceptionally large, it had a lovely little patio outside the sliding glass doors with a table and chairs. There was a very nice heated pool where we had our cocktails in the evening. The room was very clean the breakfast was one of the best. The hotel is centrally located, very close to downtown and with easy access to Route 101. Very good experience. Needless to say, management was great

1  Thank DaysInnSS

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed two nights while visiting Pismo Beach area. The stafft and facilities (room, pool, breakfast) were first rate. Room with new large granite bathroom with separate vanity area. All were wonderful. There were so many small amenities I am hard pressed to remember them all - we wanted for nothing! The staff were friendly and available. There were several ethnic restaurants within walking distance. I would go back again in a heartbeat! I've stayed at several other hotels in area and I have to say that I had the most pleasant stay ever at the Aloha Inn.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a second floor room - the balconies provide an awesome view with a bit of privacy.
1  Thank Ron H
Reviewed October 13, 2013

worst customer service ever filthy & run down torn curtains ect. Motel 6 is better. After the first night my wife asked for a refund, for night 2 they refused, even though they lied openly about the condition of there hotel. He was also very rude when we left & then they re- rented the room which is illegal as we were paid up though monday morning. He arrogantly asked us to make his day I hope we did.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank smb511
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I made reservations two weeks in advance and upon arrival at about 6:00 pm we checked in and went to our room. The room had not been serviced at all! The bed was unmade; there was trash and towels on the floor. We went back to the office and the young man at the desk assigned us another room right next to the office. There was NO apology offered, just a new set of keys. The new room was clean and looked much like the pictures on Trip Advisor. However, the patio door led to a fence with a freeway view along with the noise. With the door closed the traffic noise was not too bad, but it would have been nice to enjoy some fresh air without having the freeway noise.
Being next to the office, the next morning there was quite a bit of noise from other guests going back and forth for the "continental breakfast" which consisted of tiny muffins, coffee, juice and cold cereal. We opted for breakfast out. We put out the maid service sign and headed out. We returned after 1:00 in the afternoon and the room had not been serviced. The towels had been removed, so I knew someone had been in the room, but the bed was not made and the trash cans were still full. I set the trash cans outside the door in hopes someone would come by and empty them. Since we were right next to the office it seemed logical that someone that worked there would notice them. About an hour later still no towels or anyone coming to see if we would like our room refreshed, so I went to the office to ask for towels. The young man was busy checking in guests, so I went to look for anyone else that looked like they worked there. I found a young girl and asked if she worked there, she said she did so I asked for a clean set of towels. She brought towels, but did not offer to empty the trash or ask about our room. The maid service sign was STILL hanging on the door! We found the dumpster ourselves and emptied the trash. Around 4:00 someone finally came to the door to ask if we still needed towels, lol.
About the Room: The bed was comfy and the room had been nicely remodeled, but there was a lot of furniture and most of it was too large for the space, so it was very crowded. Also, the faucet in the shower was reversed, so I had to turn it on cold to get hot water.
This seems to be a family run motel that could use either more experience in running a motel/hotel or should hire someone that does know how to run a motel/hotel. It also would have been nice to be offered an upgrade or discount on a future stay to compensate for our inconvenience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been cleaned and one away from the office without a freeway view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
cozytraveler007, Manager at Aloha Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. You clearly put thought into your review and I wish to respond in kind, I want you to know we care about our guests and the experience they have and the memories they take away with them.

I will certainly address this issue and make it a high priority that it will not happen again. I hope your next stay with us will be just as enjoyable as others.

Again I thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Aloha Inn!

Mike Panchal

Reviewed September 30, 2013

the stuff were sooooo nice and friendly!! The manager, which is the father is such a wonderful person, really going out of his way to help with any. I heard a Canadian guy ask him about a scale since and he needs to weight his luggage and don't know if he over the limit, the manager gave him his own personal scale!! room were clean and nice (i've ordered 4), location is great.
would definitely come back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank elinor n
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay, flat tv, very clean rooms, the bath was fantastic and new, with a big shower rather than tub.
Overall a nice place to stay for 55 dollars.
You even get a balcony in the room
Only downside is the freeway noise. But windows are good and new a block the noise if closed.
Pool looks clean and good size as well.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank KennethM116
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very clean and comfortable. Close to allot of beaches
and shops. Nice having non smoking rooms. Patio was with the room as well. We felt safe also since 3 women were traveling to the area.we hadn't been there to that inn before either. Will be returning for a future trip hopefully very soon.

• Stayed: August 2013
Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach-Pismo Beach Area
Oxford Suites Pismo Beach
Oxford Suites Pismo Beach
#11 of 29 in Pismo Beach

Been to Aloha Inn? Share your experiences!